Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keep water off floor

1. Back To Top    #1

Post Keep water off floor

Guys I am in the process of building a pool. I have been looking for something to put on my wood floors inside the house that will trap the water so that the floor doesn't get wet as people come in and out to the bathroom. Is there anything out there that I can buy to protect my wood floors?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

Re: Keep water off floor

It's not the best look, but if I know there will be a lot of people in and out, I just put a bunch of old towels down on the floor to make a path. With adults, it's easier. They know (or can be told) to drip dry or dry off before going inside. Kids are trickier. I just have lots of extra pool towels handy for potty break dry offs.

When I had indoor dogs, I considered buying water hog rugs to have at the door. They probably have runners too. I did a search for water hog rugs and several sites popped up. They certainly do look nicer than old rag towels.
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

We make kids wrap a towel around them and sit for a few minutes before going in. Helps a lot.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sun City West Arizona (2nd Home)

They make mats that are very absorbent for outside the shower. They have some fairly large sizes. One or two inside the door should do the trick.
    14100 Gal IG MiniPebble, Pentair Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Sand Filter, Pop Up Cleaning, Intelliflo VS Pump, Aquacal Heatpump/Chiller, 1/4 Acre Desert Landscaped, Lots of Deck. Built in 1984, updated in 2012 and 2014
    "If you don't measure it, you can't manage it!"

5. Back To Top    #5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #6

Portland, OR

I solved most of the problem by getting a privacy tent and a luggable loo. The kids don't mind using it and the adults don't have a problem waiting to dry off before going into the house.
    10,000 gal Inground Fiberglass Pool;Aquarite SWG; Hayward H Series Gas Heater;
    Hayward Sand Filter; 1.5 HP Hayward Max-Flo VS Pump; Dolphin Pool Cleaner; TF100 Test Kit