Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding Chemicals ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Central, MN

Adding Chemicals ?

Just took off our pool cover yesterday to look at the pool. We aren't officially "opening the pool" until the end of this month. I decided to just check the chemicals just for kicks to see where everything was at:

FC 6.0
    CC 0
    TA 80
    PH 7.5
    CYA 0 ( less than 20 when using TFT kit).

Pool temp is around 45 degrees.

Just wondering even though we don't have our pool up and running yet, should I still add some stabilizer? Or am I best to wait until we open the pool and have the pump,etc running to help circulate this around?
    I just want to be proactive, being its going to be another 3 weeks before we open.

( pool otherwise looks clean and clear).
    37000 gal. 20x44 IG vinyl pool built in 2012.
    SWG. Jandy PDA. Polaris 280 automatic cleaner. Aquapure/Aqualink.
    TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Adding Chemicals ?

Either open the pool, or don't open the pool. Assuming you have a solid cover, there is no point in doing anything while it is winterized.

Don't count on those test results being correct. Wait until you have had the pump running for at least an hour and test everything again.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School