Sweeper or vacuum for sand

dsm

Jul 3, 2010
Double Oak, TX
My pool is a sand trap. Texas winds, 2 dogs who think the pool was built for them, and I live next to a 1/4 acre horse pen. That horse pen is a sand pit, they kick up dust all day long.

My Lettro Legend works quite well, but it has never been great at picking up sand particles. Manual sweeping to main drains works but it is inefficient. I'm looking for recommendations please for a manual vacuum or pump driven vacuum/sweeper that can collect the sand from my pool.

Thanks

That's a BIG pool to vacuum manually but that's the cheapest, most effective way to pick up the sand.

I know you said "pump driven". but a robot would be made to order for your situation.........just pricey.

+1 to duraleigh on the Robot

I live out in the county with dusty conditons so I understand. My robot is a Dolphin M5, and it's truly a life saver. First 10-12 days we didn't have him or grass in the yard, and I had loads of red blow sand/dust in the pool daily. Vacuum attachment hardly worked, and it was constant brushing to the main drains. Once I saw what the Robot did, I put the vac hose up, and haven't seen it since. It's perhaps best choice I made on the entire build. Credit to duraleigh on that because we initially planned on a booster/pressure cleaner setup. He pushed me toward a robot and I am thankful he did.

Thank you both for your recommendation. I actually read several posts about the Dolphin prior to your responses. Spent a few weeks pondering your opinions, and I'm likely to follow through on a robot purchase. Either of you have an opinion on the Polaris 9450? Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.