AquaBot Rapids

ssgumby

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 17, 2012
Maryland
I just purchased the Rapids 4WD.

1. Very simple setup and GO.
2. had no issues traversing my walls, deep end, etc. Never touched steps though.
3. This thing sucked up some much. The pool was just opened from winter hibernation and I did nothing but throw this guy in. The pool floor was probably 70% clean after a 3 hour cycle. I think once it is truly clean, this thing will rock.

No issues with cord tangles, but I see they have a rotating cord detangler on it. Not sure if this is new or not.

Re: New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

After one season the cord seems to be much more prone to twisted tangles. You can rotate to untwist, but they seem to have memory. Could be the way i have wound it up for storage, I may try a larger loop.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

After one season the cord seems to be much more prone to twisted tangles. You can rotate to untwist, but they seem to have memory. Could be the way i have wound it up for storage, I may try a larger loop.

Does yours have the white "twist proof" device on it? The thing is pretty sweet, it is a swivel so the cord swivels with it.

Does yours have the white "twist proof" device on it? The thing is pretty sweet, it is a swivel so the cord swivels with it.
Nope. I wonder if it can be added.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It should turn in opposite directions, turning in one direction is usually what twists the cord up and usually is indicative of a malfunction with the cleaner. The swivel cannot be added unless you replace the entire cable.

I can live with a twisted cable. This thing is too amazing. Ran it twice yesterday to clear oak droppings and it is almost a trash compactor. Both bins full and compacted, probably weighed 3# each.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.