Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaBot Rapids

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaBot Rapids

I just purchased the Rapids 4WD.

1. Very simple setup and GO.
    2. had no issues traversing my walls, deep end, etc. Never touched steps though.
    3. This thing sucked up some much. The pool was just opened from winter hibernation and I did nothing but throw this guy in. The pool floor was probably 70% clean after a 3 hour cycle. I think once it is truly clean, this thing will rock.

No issues with cord tangles, but I see they have a rotating cord detangler on it. Not sure if this is new or not.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New AquaBot Rapids XLS and 4WD

After one season the cord seems to be much more prone to twisted tangles. You can rotate to untwist, but they seem to have memory. Could be the way i have wound it up for storage, I may try a larger loop.

IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48 PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    After one season the cord seems to be much more prone to twisted tangles. You can rotate to untwist, but they seem to have memory. Could be the way i have wound it up for storage, I may try a larger loop.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Does yours have the white "twist proof" device on it? The thing is pretty sweet, it is a swivel so the cord swivels with it.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ssgumby View Post
    Does yours have the white "twist proof" device on it? The thing is pretty sweet, it is a swivel so the cord swivels with it.
    Nope. I wonder if it can be added.

IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    It should turn in opposite directions, turning in one direction is usually what twists the cord up and usually is indicative of a malfunction with the cleaner. The swivel cannot be added unless you replace the entire cable.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: AquaBot Rapids

I can live with a twisted cable. This thing is too amazing. Ran it twice yesterday to clear oak droppings and it is almost a trash compactor. Both bins full and compacted, probably weighed 3# each.

IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB