Easytouch advice - Intake valve use

msk

Apr 3, 2015
St. Louis
Hello - brand new to this forum, but looks like lots of great info here...

I have just purchased an Easytouch 4 with SG. I only have a single body (pool). I have an Intelliflow pump and Hayward heater. I have 4 inlets to the pool, fountain, ledge, stairs and sidewall. I'd like to be able to control the mix between my main drain and skimmer depending on various things. For instance, if I'm heating, I want to draw more from the main drain (80%) than the skimmer (20%). For normal running, I'd want these reversed. I purchased 3, 3 way Jandy valves and controllers along with an inline valve and controller (cva24l) for a total of 4 controlled valves. My intention was to use the INTAKE VALVE connection to control the mix between the main drain and skimmer and the other 3 to control the other various returns to the pool.

My question is, can i do that with the INTAKE VALVE connection? It seems that everything I read shows that as dedicated to switching between intake from a spa and pool. Can this be reconfigured to switch between main drain and skimmer? I know I'd need to adjust the cams appropriately to get the 80/20 mix.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to TFP!

Sure, you can do what you want. The only limitation is that you only get two positions per valve. So you can have 80/20 and 20/80 but can't also have 50/50 at the same time.

Valve 1 is dedicated to pool vs spa on the dual body version. As long as you have the single body version you should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.