The Villages, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I definitely think I have a mustard algae problem. See photos. It is now growing on some of the vinyl seams on the walls of the pool. It is slimy. The filter of my vacuum is green and slimy. From the photos, you can see that the vacuum would not completely pick it up on the floor of the pool. I have not brushed the pool yet. It is growing in the face of perfect pool numbers (see below).

The problem is that I see it behind the channel system (see photos) of the Endless pool swim current system and motor. That means I will not be able to get every nook and cranny unless I have someone come and remove the channel system and that is going to be $900.

Is it worth a slam before I pull that trigger? Or will it be an uphill battle without removing the channels and swim current machine?

If I do try a Slam, should I use Mustard Shock levels?

Any other recommendations would be welcomed and much appreciated!

Thanks

Newest numbers:

FC: 6.5
CC: 0.5
CYA: 32
PH: 7.5
CH: 200
TA: 150

I would try a regular SLAM first. There is some chance that is regular algae, as mustard algae tends to be more clumped, rather than running along seams, and less green. Hopefully that is regular algae, as mustard algae is extremely difficult to get rid of if you can't brush everywhere.

I can't be sure, but it seems to be mostly in areas where water circulation wouldn't be quite as good as in most of the rest of the pool. If I am reading the pictures correctly, you may need to fiddle with the circulation pattern to somehow improve circulation in those areas.

Thanks Jason
It is really hard to see in my pics. I guess there are forms of green algae not as tough to remove as mustard? I will SLAM, brush, and vacuum. Hopefully it will not return when FC return to normal. I am so happy with the TFT tests, looks like I may sell the ColorQ. :(
I appreciate the help
Joe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.