What did you do to your pool today?

Those dang enabled trees, lucky for them the sun is HOT and we need the shade! I did lose the battle with the boss about cutting down a big ole 40 foot tree that is maybe 12' from the pool. And it has perfect aim! Hits the pool every time! :bball:

The pool has held its temp pretty well since last weekend. We heated from 72-84 on Friday. Today it was 82 so I bumped it on for a bit and it got to 85. It was awesome.

I've been fighting dilution for the last couple weeks (since the storms) my CH is now 225 I'm going to bump to 250 tomorrow. My cya is being raised by pucks. Hoping it's a firm 30 tomorrow. Fighting my FC its dropping fast. I'm assuming the heat and the junk that was in the pool (and low cya)

I'm getting there. What a learning curve.

Guys... I'm hooking my pump/filter up today! I'm so far behind this year, it's unreal!

JUMPED IN! Burrrrrrrrrr LOL I was working clearing MORE trees, vines, etc up front and got hot so into the pool I went. I was NOT hot any more!

It will need to be quite a bit warmer for me to get in to swim and enjoy!

Kim:cat:

Well let me count... in order

(1) Tested for FC and CC (7 and like 0.2)
(2) Tested pH (7.8)
(3) Brushed steps and seats
(4) Used the pole net to scoop up a kid's torpedo that had been in the deep end for a week, and also a black thing I could not identify (it was a leaf)
(5) Ran the robot
(6) Added 4 gallons Wal*mart pool bleach to Liquidator, being very careful with the jug seals
(7) Noticed skimmers were not working well, since reducing pump speed two days ago
(8) Cleaned both skimmer socks, which included disposal of one dead toad (gross)
(9) Noticed cleaned-sock skimmers were still not working well, since reducing pump speed
(10) Spent 30 minutes adjusting main drain vs skimmers valve, and skimmer 1 vs skimmer 2 valve, observing skimmer action
(11) Not satisfied with results of (10), spent 30 minutes adjusting pump speed to what would provide acceptable skimming action in a half hour
(12) Having completed (11), constructed spreadsheet that calculates pump turnover and electrical cost per day vs RPM to integrate skimming schedule into current schedule
(13) Programmed EasyTouch to match (12)
(14) Wife and daughter returned from friend's B-day party and wanted to swim and spa
(15) Turned everything on.

I love my pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Netted out some leaves
Tested chlorine, dropped from 8ish a few days ago to 6ish, turned up swg a bit to increase back to 9ish
Water is warming up and sun is getting hot!

Still doing what I call a MiniSLAM. Holding it over until I can put the finishing touches by getting in and vacuuming correctly. (Got what I can reach from outside the pool, water below 60, too cold for this gal!)
Showed my 14 year old how to check the PH and chlorine and backwash the filter.

We pulled our cover off today and found a horrible mess. We should have bought a new cover last fall, but I thought we could get one more year out of it. The winter wind shredded it, so we have what looks like a farm pond instead of a pool. we usually open our cover to find a clear pool, but this year it is a disaster. We drained the water down a bit because our return was leaking a steady little stream. So, I guess we will put the new return on tomorrow and I need to read up on how to clear up a slimy, green mess.
Oh, we have never had more than a leaf or two on the pool bottom, now I think we have a whole tree. LOL

Went to pool store for brush, skim vac head, and skimmer socks. Got 6lbs of stabilizer too. Now my kids cant go to college, but they CAN swim this summer!

- - - Updated - - -

We pulled our cover off today and found a horrible mess. We should have bought a new cover last fall, but I thought we could get one more year out of it. The winter wind shredded it, so we have what looks like a farm pond instead of a pool. we usually open our cover to find a clear pool, but this year it is a disaster. We drained the water down a bit because our return was leaking a steady little stream. So, I guess we will put the new return on tomorrow and I need to read up on how to clear up a slimy, green mess.
Oh, we have never had more than a leaf or two on the pool bottom, now I think we have a whole tree. LOL

That was me last year, because PO didnt cover it in time, and my pool is in the middle of a forest!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support