What did you do to your pool today?

Hey, we are the same here exactly Dave. Stout front coming in right now, so that will drop a little more by tomorrow.

So Dave, are you going to cover up, or just scoop some leaves now and then until that nightmare is over?

Patrick, I just scoop the leaves. For the next 3 or 4 weeks, it will be a twice a day chore for me. Scoop in the a.m. and then scoop again after work. It only takes me about 15 minutes to scoop them out, so even though irritating, it isnt that big of a chore all else considered. I like looking at my pool year round, so a covered one just isnt my cup of tea.

There are enough leaves falling now, that its easy for the skimmer to clog and starve the pump, so the pump is off most of the time. I turn it on manually now for a few hours in the evening after Ive scooped leaves.

All the leaves at my place drop before it's even cold enough to close. Day before yesterday I found this great news.
7913aa7a9a77d9baf3336fd596b8fdf6.jpg

Yep. That's arc flash damage. I found the conduit separated earlier this year, but never got around to fixing it. Apparently the cold weather caused a crack in the insulation to widen, and it started arcing. It burned through 7 wires in the conduit. I redneck reconnected the ones to the pump and chlorine generator. I'll have a nice big redo of all of it in the spring. Here's my temporary wiring.
9ddd2eb0618afac090b99e33ea711d20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine covered just in time. I had to get a few leaves out, and patch the liner. THANK GOD I covered it up when I did. Our first fall at this house, and for the first time in my life, I am a little overwhelmed by the amt of leaves I have to deal with. I know full well now why my deep end had so many leaves in it when I took the cover off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim! It won't be like that next spring! I'm actually going to take the cover off once the leaves fall, make sure it didnt get any in it, let it cycle, and test and treat if needed lol. When it warms up, my fat butt is getting in the pool... TROUBLE FREE STYLE!

1 million leaves and counting. SWG is off and switched to bleach. This is where the bottom drain pays off for me. I can set the suction valve to 80% skimmer and 20% bottom drain so that when the skimmer is filled to the LID with leaves the pump can draw water from the drain. I empty the skimmer baskets as many times a day as I am willing to go out there. At least 6-8 times a day. And sometimes we thrown in a 6 or 8 leaf rakes full just for fun. I love my trees and I love my pool, but ...

Water temp hasn't broken 56F is almost a week. The only one swimming in my pool is Kreepy Krawly :( Added 12oz of MA to day to drop the pH to 7.7. FC seems stuck at 7ppm even with no SWG for days (cold water cutoff). I haven't even really used the spa much...too tired most nights. Oh well, perfect time to do all the little detail maintenance I've been thinking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support