What did you do to your pool today?

North Dakota. Then Jamestown is right on Interstate 94 about 100 miles straight west of Fargo. Everyone knows FARGO it seems like. We catch so much flak for our slur up here but in reality, we do not sound like that. Our grandparents did, but not the newer generation of people up here. Some of us still say Uf Da and "dont ya know" once in a blue moon but that's really it.

Its really pretty up here now. Started to get in the 50-60 temperature range and farmers started to plant wheat and barley up here. To be honest, we are ahead of average. I expect to have the ice melted in the next 10 days or so and pool running around the 25th or so I think. I like to get it running right away and get that green pool cover off so at least I can relax some in the back yard.

We have cattle that are heading out to pasture now and some people raise Elk and Buffalo in the area too. Its a pretty cool state! Everyone should visit once in their lives!

I had to get the old brown truck out last weekend to haul some stuff and it was GREEN and FUZZY! :shock:

- - - Updated - - -

North Dakota. Then Jamestown is right on Interstate 94 about 100 miles straight west of Fargo. Everyone knows FARGO it seems like. We catch so much **** for our slur up here but in reality, we do not sound like that. Our grandparents did, but not the newer generation of people up here. Some of us still say Uf Da and "dont ya know" once in a blue moon but that's really it.

Its really pretty up here now. Started to get in the 50-60 temperature range and farmers started to plant wheat and barley up here. To be honest, we are ahead of average. I expect to have the ice melted in the next 10 days or so and pool running around the 25th or so I think. I like to get it running right away and get that green pool cover off so at least I can relax some in the back yard.

We have cattle that are heading out to pasture now and some people raise Elk and Buffalo in the area too. Its a pretty cool state! Everyone should visit once in their lives!

In July! :-D

Sounds great! It is awesome up there in the spring. But, oh jeez, it sure is cold in the winter, eh! ;-)

LOL, that's all I got! :-D If our spring down here is any indication then you are in for a good one. We are fully green leafed out and everything here is as happy as it has been in years.

Groaned because I meant to run the pump for an hour but forgot and ran it all night. I turned the Liquidator off for the next few days, dropped Bot in, and came back inside.

Swept mine for the first time today. Fed her n let the filter run a little bit.

I pulled off the solar cover I fit and installed a couple of weeks ago. Cleaned all the leaves and stuff that was hiding under it. Sat in the rocker, drank a beer (or two) and stared admiring how nice my TFP water looked to the point I was finally seduced by it and went swimming. 71 degrees is a bit chilly but it sure felt nice to be back in the water.

Finally past the pollen stage and am now fighting the invasion of the ants. They even got up in my BigGreen Egg! Yesterday was spent spreading DE around the pool area but all it did was force them to change course.

16,400 gal gunite, intelliflo pump, 400k btu heater, polaris 360, aqualink RS-6. Highland Village, TX.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Finally past the pollen stage and am now fighting the invasion of the ants. They even got up in my BigGreen Egg! Yesterday was spent spreading DE around the pool area but all it did was force them to change course.

16,400 gal gunite, intelliflo pump, 400k btu heater, polaris 360, aqualink RS-6. Highland Village, TX.

No joke! Ants are everywhere! They invaded half of my yard lights and the ant hills are so big that when I run over them with the lawn mower the mower gets infested with ants and they crawl all over me! And the pool is too cold to jump in! Ack!

I guess my actions this weekend were to vacuum some the leaves I am stuck with, change the DE and I bought some rubber snakes to keep the ducks out of my "pond". I did get to throw a couple empty chlorine bottles at them to "persuade" them to leave. I place the snakes on the top rail and I float one on a kick board. I just buy the toy snakes at Walmart for $1 each.

I guess my actions this weekend were to vacuum some the leaves I am stuck with, change the DE and I bought some rubber snakes to keep the ducks out of my "pond". I did get to throw a couple empty chlorine bottles at them to "persuade" them to leave. I place the snakes on the top rail and I float one on a kick board. I just buy the toy snakes at Walmart for $1 each.
That's so funny! :D No ducks here but i have to scoop out everyday those fat beatles that fly into the sides of a house or smack your window glass at night. For some reason they seem to like to fly into the pool and die. Lots of them die in my pool every night just about.

The funny thing is, I live in the suburbs and there are no real lakes or ponds nearby. The ducks live in the neighborhood, people feed them and they stick around. This is the second or third year they have been around. There are creeks and a golf course a couple miles away but they stay near our homes.

Here's a terrible photo of it... and that cat that I don't own.

20150410_072842.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support