What did you do to your pool today?

Today was one of the first nice day's we've had in some time. Spent the afternoon draining the water from the Winter Cover into the Pool and cleaning up any leaves that found their way onto the cover. Our fill water is very high in metals so rather we're forced to fill the pool each year with whatever water we can find. Rather than paying a ton for water to be trucked in, we just deal with a dirty pool when we fully remove the cover. :( Looking forward to later this month once we take off the cover to see just how bad it really is. :D

I took the cover off yesterday by myself and got stung by a bee. lol today, I've been filling the pool and hooked the pump n filter up. I'll be going out to shut the water off at 10pm. Hopefully its full n I can start her up first thing tomorrow morning.

She was crystal clear when I took the cover off!

Well, this escalated fast!!! Around 3am, I finished filling after draining half due to high CYA. I don't know how high right now but my chlorine was high and algae was starting to form. I would have been perplexed if I had not spent all winter reading the forum. My CYA test kit will be here tomorrow and I am praying that I don't need to drain much more.

Great to have all the updates. Leebo! You're finally out of Ice O Geddon, Nice!! :D

Casey, I thought you've had the cover on this whole time...what is that spot of green over there on the side? :joker:

No prizes DV, gave them all away already..:sad:

f3...I'll check to see if you have a thread running on that. Let us know when you get the kit, and stop by here for the clear up. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just took the temp of my pool. I was surprised that the temp was about 58°. I'm not quite ready to take off my cover and getting water in the pool (other than rain) is not likely for a while. I may have to put the submersible pump into service so I can mix things up and starting testing water and adding bleach.

Had my first leak that needed addressed since I topped the pool off. I tackled that today n got it fixed with Teflon on the first try. I hate leaks and dribbles. I'm good now! Also had to drain some water off after all the storms blew threw yesterday. We got a lot of rain!

Drained the cover again after yesterdays snow and rain. Pulling out the plugs and baskets so this weekend I can get the pump working and waiting on help to heft the solar cover from the shed out onto the pool !!

I had a guy come give me a quote for removing sod and leveling pool site. Purchased the bags of concrete mix for pouring the pad for the hottub, and priced the foam insulation that I plan to place on the bottom of pool under the liner. (ouch) but it will be worth it to have zero footprints to vacuum and deal with! Now I have to decide if I want the deck built over or under the top rails... probably under. Oh... also I got my test kit and tested my tap water at a 90 TA! WooHoo Chemistry :)

Cover still on, ice is about 6 inches thick yet. Getting warmer so plan to pull back cover some to let the sun melt that ice more. Plan to replant grass today in the backyard from our 2 small dogs. I do this every year! I love the dogs, but hate the extra work they cause me.

Either than that, not too much yet.

Plan to load up on Chlorine from Fleet Farm next Saturday.

My daughter graduates from Jamestown High School (North Dakota) on May 31st so I need to get that thing running and then paint the whole cement patio with my Valspar nonskid paint. That stuff works awesome.

Getting anxious for sure! Have a good day everyone!

cleaned my skimmer from all of those things that drop from the oak trees. There are tons of them. Having to empty skimmer 3 or 4 times a day for the last couple of weeks. And my robot is earning his pay! Looks like we're on the downhill side of the pollen season now though.

Patrick, here is a pic of that stuff from the trees I was telling you about. This is about 4 hours worth.

Hey, my pool has been looking just like that Divin Dave! We are a little ahead of you, it stopped a little earlier this week. We had some decent rain and wind and it finally blew it all out of the trees and into my pool.

Patrick,
Last weekend I emptied my baskets every hour and netted stuff out in between! Now you know why pump runs 24x7 on 1100rpm!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support