What did you do to your pool today?

I guiltily looked at my now open and clear pool as the snow fell, hoping Marian doesn't come north to find me and devise retribution for decimating the spring warmth :)

Its so cold the robot is virtually on strike, staggering around the pool drunkenly, half-heartedly trying to climb walls, then sidling over a foot to try again. I've had to turn the heater on just to get the water up past the robot's min. operating condition...

The poor pool guys who opened her for me had to come into the studio to warm up repeatedly. The old guy told the new guy: "Whatever day she opens the poo pool, it snows."

Yes, they still call my pool "the poo pool" from the early swamp days, and the TFP recovery is still legend among the techs, who are quite mystified about it all :)

Watching it rain and rain and rain into my pool and make it cold. Temp was 78 last week, 71 and dropping now.

BUT, I am NOT going to complain about getting rain while we are in a drought. Our lake was down 12 feet in Feb and it is less than 2' down now. I might complain a little anyway. I keep having to add CYA. And it is supposed to rain almost every day next week. I'm working on sending all this rain over to Divin Dave via airmail!

Tested levels and added 10 lb alkalinity increaser to try and get the alkalinity up from 60ppm to 80ppm.

Its a new pool replaster so the pH is off the charts high and I've already added 2 gallons muriatic acid so the alkalinity snuck down on me...

Lot's of good updates everyone.

Swampwoman, how cold is that water that it would affect a Robot? I had no idea about that.

Sunbaby, get to be an expert before you even fill your pool.. Good Job! :goodjob:

Ulrichsd, you may find that your pH will stabilize somewhat at the lower TA, and be careful raising it if you have high TA fill water. pH rise in a new pool is common, as I'm sure you know, but make sure you start a thread elsewhere if you need some help on that.

For me, it looks like another little mess to clean up again today. We've had some very high winds the last two evenings so I'll put the spring carts back in the M5 and let him go to work. He's been pulling at least a shift per day here in the last few. Following Tim5055's lead, I'm about to order some extra frames and filters for the "Quick Change" method. Really wishing I would do that this morning...but I've procrastinated on ordering.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Supposed to be sunny and upper 80s today and tomorrow! I would be swimming except that the feet of rain we got this week dropped my pool temp from 78 to 69! :shock: There is a chance that the solar panels could get the temp up to 85 by tomorrow afternoon. I've seen days like this add 8-9 degrees in one day. We'll see! Going to tractor supply to get donkey stuff now.

I tested my water, made some adjustments, brushed the sides and steps, emptied skimmers, drained some more off of the pool (which flooded last night). Added DE

Placed and order with my brother in law for Cya, MA, and calcium increaser - his prices are WAYYYY cheaper than the store.

SWG says we need salt. I haven't learned to test that yet so I took it to the pool store (gasp). They said it tested at 4200 ppm (only need 3400). Recommended cleaning the cell so I started a thread to ask some questions.

And that was all in between ladies retreat this morning and daughters ballet class this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, we've had some busy Poolers this weekend! :lol:

I wish I could catch 6 degrees, we are back down to 64 now with this strange weather. :(

Picked up a puck floater Friday and started floating 7 at a time, so we'll see who notices this and comments. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support