Liquidator vs. Injection Pump

squib

Apr 2, 2015
TX
CYA problem out of hand and am trying to get it corrected by going to liquid chlorine (bleach). I have decided I would like some automated system, and I have read enough here to know that the two main options seem to the Liquidator or a build using a Stenner pump. I have found that the Liquidator seems to be cheaper but there have been some hints that if the pump struggles with full water flow at times, then the Liquidator can cause problems. The Stenner is more expensive but seems a little more reliable. I don't want to do something I will regret so will anyone kindly chime in and send me down the right path?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP!

The Liquidator is generally well reviewed, but some have problems with "white stuff", they don't handle especially large pools very well, and do not play well with variable speed pumps.

Injection pumps are more flexible, working with nearly any pool, and seem to have fewer problems reported overall, but cost a little more up front.

Thanks Jason. I appreciate the advice. I'll continue to look into it. I'd appreciate any other comments if someone has experiences--good or bad. You can PM me or respond here.

E10694 is a certification number used by several different Intermatic models. So that doesn't really tell us which specific timer you have.

In general a 220 volt timer needs 220 volts to run the timer motor, but should be alright switching 110 volts as long as you keep the timer motor wiring separate from the switched lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.