Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Surge in Posts

1. Back To Top    #1

Surge in Posts

This is the first time that I have paid attention to the forum through all the seasons and I am shocked how much the posts pick up as the weather warns up. I spent the entire winter maintaining my pool even though we have not swam since September. I do live in Florida so we need to be ready to swim on a moments notice. LoL I am not sure that my compulsive nature would allow me to cover a pool in September and not look at it again until March. I'm not judging, just sayin
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Surge in Posts

Give it about four weeks and you'll se the forum on fire. From here, it will light up every day, and the action will really start increasing. Hide and watch.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Really? Cuz as soon as my pool hits 85 I'm goin in! From then on I will only be posting M-F from 8-5.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

No matter how compulsive you are if your pool turns to ice it pretty much takes all the incentive and curiosity out of peeking under the cover. I can tell from what's on the cover what it looks like underneath.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

From then on I will only be posting M-F from 8-5.
    We poor folk will be at the desk holding down TFP while y'all are enjoying some cool ones. (Not)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

I can not wait to open my pool! I love looking at the sparkling water as much as I love being in it...Hopefully today when I get home, I'll at least have all the snow melted off the cover...
    24'x40' 25k gal Imperial Mountain Pond IGP, full 28 mil VynAll Ocean Breakers liner. All Hayward system: 140k BTU HeatPro heat pump, 3/4HP single speed TriStar 2" Pump, DE6020 filter, AquaPlus Automation/Salt Chlorination, remote controls, ColorLogic 4.0 lighting. Polaris 280 w/PB4-60 BP. TF100 & K1766 test kits. Rinox Palazzo pavers and Spherik coping. Pool installed 9/2013, project completed 6/16/14.

7. Back To Top    #7

Same here, 85 and I am in the pool, it is close to 80 already.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2017-Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 5000 Gallons
    Intex 2800GPH Pump with 14" Intex Sand Filter
    My Intex Pool Setup Video :Intex pool rises from the ashes - installing and leveling - EP-72 - YouTube

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

It's kind of funny as now my Snow blower forum starts to die out and I shift to spending more time here !!
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE

9. Back To Top    #9

A snow blower forum. They have thought of everything. I guess we all need some kind of support group. Lol
    I wonder what percentage of people stick around after their pools are clear? I know it has taken me two years to final feel like I am controlling the pool chemistry instead of the other way around. I come here now to see what others are doing and I finally feel comfortable answering questions for others.

When I joined the forum, I saw the exact same 'wits end' posts that I am seeing now. I guess I thought it was a one time thing, but every spring.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by kiss4afrog View Post
    It's kind of funny as now my Snow blower forum starts to die out and I shift to spending more time here !!
    LOL!!! Troublefreesnowblowers.com sweet!
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Too bad they didn't grab that one. Just Snowblowerforum dot com

But like pools some times it isn't that big a problem you just need someone you can trust to give a little advise or a push to do what you know you can and or should do. Like pools there are those problems where having a group is a benefit.

12. Back To Top    #12

That is too funny, I love it, Troublefreesnowblower!!

I have to wonder, which is more dead in winter. Pool or Snowblower forums?

We at least get our Down-Unders to keep us occupied a little.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

I'm a moderator on the Snow Blower forum and it's definitely more dead here !! With all the snow out east and up in Canada there were tons of people begging to figure out how to adjust, repair or replace whatever was keeping them from operating. With a pool you can always choose to not swim but with 18" of snow you don't have a choice if you want to go to work or get out and get groceries !!

14. Back To Top    #14

Yeah, I bet people's snow blowers are worn out! The feet of snow up north this winter is ridiculous.
    TFP Moderator

15. Back To Top    #15

That's cool frog. Makes sense too..

Do they say...be careful going to the snow blower store like we do about the pool store here?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

16. Back To Top    #16

I need a pressure washer forum. Darn thing has never been right.

17. Back To Top    #17

I would be surprise if there isn't at least a Pressure Washer sub forum somewhere.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:

18. Back To Top    #18

I thought my Toro snow blower was going to die mid-winter but bought some Start My Engine gas treatment and to my surprise it worked! Open my pool in 4 weeks..Yes!!
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System