Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aquarite Power Light Off - Generating Light On, No Chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquarite Power Light Off - Generating Light On, No Chlorine

As the title says, I have an Aquarite generator. Board has been replaced twice, most recently end of last summer. Generating light is on, but power light is off. No chlorine in the pool. Do I need to replace the board again?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aquarite Power Light Off - Generating Light On, No Chlorine

If you could scroll through the diagnostic readings and post what they are, we could better assist you.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!

Remember to add chlorine manually while the SWG isn't working.

It wouldn't hurt to post a complete set of water test results as well.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

75 degrees
    26.5 volts
    6.38 amps
    69% output
    3200 ppm salinity

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a sample analyzed last week. Don't have the numbers in front of me, but other than no chlorine, everything was fine. Just needed to add 4 lbs of stabilizer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Those diagnostic readings suggest that the SWG is working correctly.

I suspect that chlorine is being generated just fine, but it is getting used up nearly as quickly as it is being created. Low CYA levels could cause that, as could a low level algae problem.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

So add CYA and some shock and I should be good to go?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by andrewm View Post
    So add CYA and some shock and I should be good to go?
    We need water test results and which test kit was used to get them. Without those we can not say what to add.

pH
    FC
    TA
    CYA
    CH
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by andrewm View Post
    As the title says, I have an Aquarite generator. Board has been replaced twice, most recently end of last summer. Generating light is on, but power light is off. No chlorine in the pool. Do I need to replace the board again?
    It has power if your generating LED is on and the diagnostics are showing 6+ amps output. Although unlikely, maybe the power LED is burned out.
    11K gal IG screened-in plaster pool w/ spa
    pentair 150 cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump,
    Aquarite AQR15 SWG, AquaCal Heatwave Heat Pump, TF-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Well I confirmed the board isn't working from Hayward. I've been in this house four years and this will be the third replacement board. Shouldn't these last longer than that? Only a 90 day parts warranty. What a scam.

10. Back To Top    #10

Yes they should last longer than that. There's probably something wrong other than the board. Where did you buy the other two boards?
    True L 45,000 gal Hayward IG vinyl pool. Hayward Tristar 2.40 THP; 1.5 FRHP/1.60 SF. Hayward Model # S310T2 Sand Filter. Aqua Rite T-15. Aqua Comfort 154,000 BTU Heat Pump. TF-100

11. Back To Top    #11

The diagnostics you posted indicate that the unit is working just fine. If the diagnostics are still the same, it's working.

Try removing and reinstalling the display board.

The main boards last fairly long. Pretty much, the only thing that ever fails is the thermistor, and those are easy to replace.

12. Back To Top    #12

I had a short on the display board so placed a small piece of paper folded once or twice on the left side below the digital display. That kept the display board from moving when I pressed the button or switch.
    True L 45,000 gal Hayward IG vinyl pool. Hayward Tristar 2.40 THP; 1.5 FRHP/1.60 SF. Hayward Model # S310T2 Sand Filter. Aqua Rite T-15. Aqua Comfort 154,000 BTU Heat Pump. TF-100

13. Back To Top    #13

In the Industry

Good day, private message your phone number and I will call to help and post my finding on the board later.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

14. Back To Top    #14

Alright, now I'm stumped. Replaced the board, power light still off. Here are all my numbers from the screen:

71P
    AL-0
    r1.59
    t-15

Latest water test results:

TC-0
    FC-0
    CC-0.5
    pH-7.2
    CH-400
    TA-60
    CYA-50

This was my first time testing with my new TF-100 kit. Only had test strips before, but I knew I had no FC. So I've been adding one bottle of 8.25% bleach every few days until my kit and new board came in. I'm running the pump overnight to see if this new board is generating chlorine. But I suspect that it won't and that I have another problem with the SWG system. Since I've been manually adding bleach, the water has cleared up and the algae is gone. Just need the SWG to start working.
    19,800 gal fiberglass pool; Hayward Pro sand filter (S244T) w/ vari-flo xl valve; 1.5 hp challenger pump; Aquarite SWG w/ T-15 cell; Dolphin DX3 auto vacuum; TF-100 test kit

15. Back To Top    #15

I don't know why the power light is not on, but those numbers indicate that it is working. 25.5 volts. 6.62 amps. That's making chlorine.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

16. Back To Top    #16

i just love a good mystery.
    19,800 gal fiberglass pool; Hayward Pro sand filter (S244T) w/ vari-flo xl valve; 1.5 hp challenger pump; Aquarite SWG w/ T-15 cell; Dolphin DX3 auto vacuum; TF-100 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

It's working. Most likely the main board was fine. I think the the power led light is just burned out. The lights are on the display board. I would ignore the light and just check the diagnostics. As long as they're in range, it's fine.

At this point, you should follow the slam process.

18. Back To Top    #18

Well that makes me mad that Hayward tech support would assume the board is bad if the power light is off. They never had me run through the diagnostics. However, when I called them, the power light was actually flickering on and off. They had me turn off the pump, wait a few minutes and restart. The power light was off then. So if the old board was fine, I'll see if I can return this one and get a replacement display instead.

So I set it to superchlorinate tonight. If it's working, shouldn't I see some chlorine in the morning?

19. Back To Top    #19

Answered my own question. Saw a faint cloud coming out of the jets, so I assume that's chlorine. Took a sample right out of the jets and sure enough, it's got chlorine. Until I got this test kit, I had no way to figure that out for sure. Finally have that figured out. Now to slam.

20. Back To Top    #20

The display board sits in front of the main board. It's mounted on four plastic stands. There are 6 to 8 solid wires coming off of the main board and that go through holes in the display board. Perhaps one of the wires is not making good contact. Perhaps due to a misaligned wire or perhaps corrosion on the contact point on the display board. Sometimes removing and resetting the board helps. It could just be a burned out led.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast