Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Threw the magnetic stirrer out w the sample water

1. Back To Top    #1

Threw the magnetic stirrer out w the sample water

So I've had my speedstir 2 days and I'm in love or I was until I accidentally threw the magnetic stirrer out w the sample water. Just knew I was gonna do that!! Been digging in grass all morn. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?? Dang!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Threw the magnetic stirrer out w the sample water

From TFTestkits, http://tftestkits.net/Magnetic-Stirring-Bar-1-p68.html.

I have 5 of them so I would have enough for all the tests and then some.

Try using a magnet through the grass.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

+1 on using a magnet. If you want a new tool that you may have other uses for, take a look at this. Might be worth a trip to the local store. http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-d...ool-42288.html

If you order a new stir bar, order two.
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

4. Back To Top    #4

Searched for an hour....my lil 84 yr old mother came out and found it in 5 mins....figures!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

5. Back To Top    #5

+1^^ You always got to do a Mom look! Seriously, next time you do a TF testkits order to replenish supplies, throw another bar in for good measure and you will be good to go.
    Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.