Polaris pb4-60 not functioning properly

Apr 2, 2015
Florida
First off, hello. I just officially joined, I have lurked on this site since we purchased a house with a pool. About 2 years ago. I have been able to answer my own questions by just reading and searching the topics. Now I have a problem I can't seem to whip. I have a new polaris pb4-60 that runs a new polaris 280 pool cleaner. I installed the pump and everything ran smoothly. At first our cleaner pump could be turned on and off by a switch. The problem was it could be left on after the filter pump turned off. Which was a problem. It has since been changed to only come on with the filter pump. But...at some point we ran it dry, probably a few hours. Now the cleaner is barely
moving and it seems to have low pressure. I have no strange noises or leaks. I ordered a new impeller that showed up today but was wrong. I have the newer style impeller. I did pull it apart to check. I was hoping to see a melted impeller or something out of ordinary but it looked OK to my untrained eye. I plan on ordering the correct impeller but want to make sure I am going in the right direction. Everything was working great before we ran it dry. Any info would be great and sorry for the long post.

I checked the inline filter and it was all clear. I also checked all the hose connections. I have a friend down the street that has the exact set up as me, I might take my whole cleaner to his pool and try it just to make sure it is working right. Has anyone seen a bad impeller on a polaris, what should I see if it is bad?

I finally got this thing fixed. After installing the new impeller in the pump I did notice a increase in pressure but the cleaner still wasn't working properly. So it turned into a cleaner problem and that night I decided it was going to the pool store in the morning. Later that night I decided to pull the top off just to take a look. I pulled the internal hose off and check it. Looking around I found a small rock stuck in the pressure port aimed at the cleaners internal impeller. Got the rock out and everything worked perfectly. Time for the cleaner to get to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.