Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Saltwater test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Saltwater test kit

I have the TF 100 test kit now and recently changed over to a SWCG. Can I still use this kit to test the water levels ?? Thx
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Saltwater test kit

Yes, you still need your TF100 to test your standard chem levels, but I added a Taylor #1776 (I believe?) Salt test kit to mine too. Its a drop method to determine salt levels separate from the TF-100 kit. I started with this test kit so know nothing about the salt test strips, but others here can advise you on them. One doesn't normally need to test salt levels often.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes of course! It cannot test for salt though. Like skippy, I also use the 1766 kit for testing salt level.

EDIT to Add. - the drop based test kit rocks! Its very handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny View Post
    I have the TF 100 test kit now and recently changed over to a SWCG. Can I still use this kit to test the water levels ?? Thx
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Me 3
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Just to clarify in case the OP does a Google search the Taylor Salt test kit is the K 1766 not K 1776.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you everyone!
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)