Intellibrite 5G light in spa - spa light in regular niche.

lalittle

Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I was looking into switching out my regular tungsten lights with Pentair Intellibrite 5G colored lights. My spa has a regular size niche in it, so I'm wondering if there is an adapter that would allow me to use the smaller spa version of the 5G in this spot. I believe that my current niches are the regular Amerlite types, but I'm having a hard time confirming whether or not an adapter is available for this situation.

If this is possible, I'm looking for feedback on whether or not this would be a better way to go. The current full-size tungsten light is way too bright in the spa, so I'm worried that the full-size 5G might be as well. I know that the 5G lights are not as bright, and have the lens to focus the light downward as well, but I don't want to end up with too much light in the spa as I currently have. My instinct would be to use the spa version, but I'm interested in getting feedback from people who have some experience with the 5G lights.

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Larry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.