Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellibrite 5G light in spa - spa light in regular niche.

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellibrite 5G light in spa - spa light in regular niche.

I was looking into switching out my regular tungsten lights with Pentair Intellibrite 5G colored lights. My spa has a regular size niche in it, so I'm wondering if there is an adapter that would allow me to use the smaller spa version of the 5G in this spot. I believe that my current niches are the regular Amerlite types, but I'm having a hard time confirming whether or not an adapter is available for this situation.

If this is possible, I'm looking for feedback on whether or not this would be a better way to go. The current full-size tungsten light is way too bright in the spa, so I'm worried that the full-size 5G might be as well. I know that the 5G lights are not as bright, and have the lens to focus the light downward as well, but I don't want to end up with too much light in the spa as I currently have. My instinct would be to use the spa version, but I'm interested in getting feedback from people who have some experience with the 5G lights.

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Los Angeles, CA -- 22K gallon in-ground plaster pool with spa, built around 1980, replastered around 2009-2010.
    Pentair Intelliflo VS (variable speed) pump and Quad 100 DE filter. Older "MiniMax" gas heater. Pentair Rebel cleaner.
    NO SWG - Liquid Cl only. Taylor K-2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellibrite 5G light in spa - spa light in regular niche.

I have this same question. I sure would like to have a spa light in my spa.
    28kgal, IG, Plaster, Attached Spa, ~1990, Quad DE 80, Easytouch8, IntelliFloVS-3050, Intellichlor60, IntelliPh, Dolphin DX6, City Water, TF-100, SpeedStir, SampleSizer, San Diego, CA