Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you go back and put in if you had more money?

1. Back To Top    #1

What would you go back and put in if you had more money?

I just discovered I have more money to put into this pool than I originally thought. When I signed the contract, I went through and scratched out a lot of add-ons I didn't think I'd use (LED Lights, did plaster only, auto-fill, heater, spa, standard tile/coping only, etc.)..

If you could go back and add anything, what would you install? I don't want to regret passing on something that will be hard or impossible to put in once the pool is finished.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What would you go back and put in if you had more money?

My pool hasn't gone in yet - so no comment.

Other than Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

Heater
    Inground 13,200 gal Vinyl, Pentair 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Sand Dollar filter, Polaris 280

Pool School, Pool Math, CYA to FC ratio chart, Testing Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
    I just discovered I have more money to put into this pool than I originally thought. When I signed the contract, I went through and scratched out a lot of add-ons I didn't think I'd use (LED Lights, did plaster only, auto-fill, heater, spa, standard tile/coping only, etc.)..

If you could go back and add anything, what would you install? I don't want to regret passing on something that will be hard or impossible to put in once the pool is finished.
    The only things impossible to add later on your list are the spa/heater and auto-fill. Auto-fill in Austin costs a fortune BTW so I decided to skip on it.

I wanted my pool to last a long time so I put a larger filter, pebble finish, and LED lights hoping to get longer times between replacement.
    Pool is done! Only took 17 months! - Natural shape in-ground pool: 37x23, 505sq ft, 96ft perimeter, 7ft deep end, 18,950 gallons, tanning ledge, blue surf pebble sheen/luminous blue blend, Belgard coping, 910 sqft paver deck/walkways, retaining walls out the yinyang. Jandy SWG, 2 LED Color lights, VS 2HP Pump, 460sqft cartridge filter, PDA RS P8 controller. My build

5. Back To Top    #5

I wish we had a real beach entry. There isn't enough room, so that would also mean a larger back yard
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Those beach entries are NICE!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

7. Back To Top    #7

Heater, another light and more pavers
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

8. Back To Top    #8

Heater
    16x32 vinyl ig with foxguard steel walls,gli liner ,hayward de filter,hayward heatpro heat pump,hayward colorlogic 4.0 led.pentair circular weir skimmers.hayward sharkvac xl robot,gli mesh cover.polk atrium speakers,sonos music system.erie pa.

9. Back To Top    #9

Umbrella holders would have been really nice.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

10. Back To Top    #10

I have a cocktail cove and table. I wish I had a return or two in that nook. Also lights in the waterfall.
    ~Paul
    19x40 IG including 10' BE, 18,000 gal, plaster, 48 SF DE, 1.5HP pump, AquaPure SWCG, Ozonejoe 30MR, Rockwaterfall, LED light, TF-100 Fill date 11/21/2014
    My ODK Build | My Pool Build | If You're From Texas Vote Here

11. Back To Top    #11

I wished my pool started with all these items LED lights, automation, SWG, heater, solar, a VS pump, but they can all be added on at any time with not too much difficulty if planned out right. What needs to be thought of is the equipment pad location and size. Try to keep everything spaced out and not jammed into a tight space. This will make upgrades so much easier in the future.

Large enough filter so you only have to backwash and clean the filter once or twice a year. I haven't touched my filter in 8 months other than to release the trapped air inside it after cleaning out the pump basket.

I would include a sewer drain line for backwashing or draining the pool.

A must have is an easy entry and exit point, no ladders or rails needed. A beach entry or baja shelf would be nice. I have a baja shelf that is 12" deep with a 6" entry step and it is a great area for the little ones.

My ideal pool would be long enough to include a lap lane with minimum 4' depth for flip turns. I would use the pool for exercise way more often if I had this available in my pool. As it is, I use public pools for exercise.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

12. Back To Top    #12

Beach entry would be sweet, and even though I don't think we would utilize it a lot, I kinda wish sometimes we did a spillover spa. LED Lights.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

13. Back To Top    #13

I would have added something to give us a bit more shade.
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

14. Back To Top    #14

Larger spa, and one more led light. During our remodel, I tore out the autofill. I see it as something that isn't needed.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

15. Back To Top    #15

A bigger pool!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Longer and deeper. 44' long and 10' deep. Gas fire pit.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

17. Back To Top    #17

Enclosed (or shaded) equipment pad.
    Owner-Builder, 13,500 IG StoneScapes Mini Pebble (Aqua White), Pentair 160301 Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40, Intelli pH system, Intelliflo VS pump, Startup 2/26/2015

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
    I went through and scratched out a lot of add-ons I didn't think I'd use (LED Lights, did plaster only, auto-fill, heater, spa, standard tile/coping only, etc.)..

If you backed out of an interior upgrade like pebble for quartz, you should consider adding that back....in my humble.

19. Back To Top    #19

Bigger tanning ledge, more jets in the spa, and a gas firepit
    39' x 18' IG 3.5X4.5X9 34k gallon w/ raised spa, 3 stone scupers
    Jandy 60 SqFt DE, Jandy PDA PS6, Jandy JXi400 heater, Jandy 2.0 EPump w/SVRS
    A&A Manufacturing ICS w/G4 venturi heads
    2 incandescent lights in pool, 1 in spa.

20. Back To Top    #20

Larger deck, heater and some type of solar setup
    27 Foot diameter 52" vinyl liner pool above ground, Hayward EC50 DE Filter, BBB method.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast