Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator install

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator install

I just ordered the Liquidator and have a question regarding the installation.
    I read somewhere that you can just connect to the drain plug on your pump for the injection side.
    Would it be possible to do the same thin at Nature 2 fusion system drain plug since i will no longer be using that system since coming overt to TFP.
    My thought was connect one line to the pump drain hole and the other to the drain hole on the nature 2 fusion vessel .... this will let me do the install with not drilling any holes in to my plumbing.
    Located in Lebanon,Pennsylvania.. 25,000 Gallon IG Plaster Pool Installed Fall of 2011...
    Stenner 3GPD pump
    Jandy DEV60 60SqFt DE Filter (Using Puri fiber.)..,1.5Hp Jandy Pump PMPH1.5
    Aqucal SQ 166R Heater...Polaris 9400 Robot/Cleaner
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator install

That should work. You just need to find appropriate fittings that match those two spots.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I was also thinking of reversing the flow...
    From the pump drain hole to the liquidator and from the liquidator to the nature 2 vessel drain plug.
    Located in Lebanon,Pennsylvania.. 25,000 Gallon IG Plaster Pool Installed Fall of 2011...
    Stenner 3GPD pump
    TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

That doesn't work. The pressure is higher on the nature 2 side, which will push water through from that side back toward the pump. The liquidator depends on that pressure difference to work correctly.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks JasonLion... Figured I was missing something. I will give it a try in about a month or so when I open up the pool.

Stenner 3GPD pump
    TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I have had the Liquidator for about a month and I love it. It maintains my level much better than I ever did.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

7. Back To Top    #7

Am I mistaken, or does the tubing from the pump drain go to the "out" side of the liquidator? The set up seems counterintuitive. "Out" to suction side (before pump), "In" after filter, before return. Is that correct?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by michael_bluth View Post
    Am I mistaken, or does the tubing from the pump drain go to the "out" side of the liquidator? The set up seems counterintuitive. "Out" to suction side (before pump), "In" after filter, before return. Is that correct?
    You are not mistaken. The chlorinated solution needs to be sucked out of the Liquidator.
    30,000 gal, 20 x 40 ft vinyl, IG, installed 2006
    1 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair Quad D.E., Liquidator(8 gallon) with 3/8 upgrade,TigerShark cleaning robot
    TFTestkits TF-100 with SpeedStir,WS
    A proud practitioner of TFP since 2013