Hayward AquaConnect ?

Sep 11, 2014
Oviedo, FL
Hi -

I've got the Hayward AquaConnect system. It's the 'chevy' model, not the 'cadillac' model...dont have the exact part number in front of me. Decent automation system; controls to switch from pool to spa, lights, the heater, timers...etc.

Two questions:

1) I've added a third actuating valve (a hayward goldline GVA-24) to my system. Turns on/off a set of deck jets. I've plugged it into the proper Valve3 location on the motherboard. I can turn the valve through the aquaconnect app on my phone (which is pretty awesome), but I can't turn the valve at the actual control panel...there's no button for it. Yes, I can turn it electronically at the valve itself, but I wanna push a button in the panel and have it turn. SOOO, my question is...does the GVA-24 have a transformer in it if I were to connect it to an open high-voltage relay in my panel? The relay puts on 120vAC, and the actuator needs 24v DC power. Can't immediately tell if the GVA-24 has a transformed, and would rather not blow the thing out.

2) I'd like to bump up the pool temperature a few degrees as we emerge from a Florida winter. Is there a way to set up my system to automatically turn the heat pump on, but only during the day during when I normally operate the pump. As in, I don't want to heat the pool at 3am when the system is off and the water drops a degree or two. Just want to have it kick on during the day. Is there a way to this up in the timers?

Appreciate it!
Adam

1) No, you can't connect it directly to a high power relay. Jandy makes an adapter that you can install which can convert a high power relay into the signal that the GVA needs, but the connectors will need some minor adaptation to work in a Hayward automation system.

2) I haven't tried this on an AquaConnect , but I'm fairly sure that the heat will only run when the pump is programmed to be on anyway.

Hi There, Can you tell me the model of control you have. It is not listed. I can help if I know which one you have. some have a valve 3 button and some don't. For those that don't you need to assign it to a aux.

Hi Hayward - haven't checked the forum for a few days...just seeing your post. Very happy that Hayward is on here! I have an ProLogic - 4 Relays panel, controlled through an AquaConnect system.
I have an Aux1 button on the panel (tied to a spa blower). And an Aux2 button on the panel. Aux2 is unassigned..nothing into the relay - so obviously nothing happens when it's pushed. No Valve3 button.

I can turn Valve3 through AquaConnect, but would definitely give a try assigning it to Aux2. How do you do that?

Thanks!

I have been off line for a while, sorry. Do you have a Aqua Plus or a PS-4 system. My guess is the Aqua Plus P-4. You would assign the Aux three through the config menu. Better if we could talk and I could then let everyone know what the answer was. Can you private message me your phone number and I will call. I will then post the answer for all to see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.