Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward AquaConnect ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward AquaConnect ?

Hi -

I've got the Hayward AquaConnect system. It's the 'chevy' model, not the 'cadillac' model...dont have the exact part number in front of me. Decent automation system; controls to switch from pool to spa, lights, the heater, timers...etc.

Two questions:

1) I've added a third actuating valve (a hayward goldline GVA-24) to my system. Turns on/off a set of deck jets. I've plugged it into the proper Valve3 location on the motherboard. I can turn the valve through the aquaconnect app on my phone (which is pretty awesome), but I can't turn the valve at the actual control panel...there's no button for it. Yes, I can turn it electronically at the valve itself, but I wanna push a button in the panel and have it turn. SOOO, my question is...does the GVA-24 have a transformer in it if I were to connect it to an open high-voltage relay in my panel? The relay puts on 120vAC, and the actuator needs 24v DC power. Can't immediately tell if the GVA-24 has a transformed, and would rather not blow the thing out.

2) I'd like to bump up the pool temperature a few degrees as we emerge from a Florida winter. Is there a way to set up my system to automatically turn the heat pump on, but only during the day during when I normally operate the pump. As in, I don't want to heat the pool at 3am when the system is off and the water drops a degree or two. Just want to have it kick on during the day. Is there a way to this up in the timers?

Appreciate it!
    Adam
    ~Adam 12K gal free-form pool with spa, Hayward EcoStart VS pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, Hayward C17502 filter, Hayward Heat PumpPro 140k BTU, Stonescapes minipebble. tf-100 & speedstir.
    5.5 foot retaining wall. Build completed in Feb 2015.
    East Central FL.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward AquaConnect ?

1) No, you can't connect it directly to a high power relay. Jandy makes an adapter that you can install which can convert a high power relay into the signal that the GVA needs, but the connectors will need some minor adaptation to work in a Hayward automation system.

2) I haven't tried this on an AquaConnect , but I'm fairly sure that the heat will only run when the pump is programmed to be on anyway.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason. 1) I didn't think the GVA-24 would like the highvoltage relay. It works now and I'm happy - wont change it.
    2) Makes sense what you said. I'll check that out.
    ~Adam 12K gal free-form pool with spa, Hayward EcoStart VS pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, Hayward C17502 filter, Hayward Heat PumpPro 140k BTU, Stonescapes minipebble. tf-100 & speedstir.
    East Central FL.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Hi There, Can you tell me the model of control you have. It is not listed. I can help if I know which one you have. some have a valve 3 button and some don't. For those that don't you need to assign it to a aux.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Hayward - haven't checked the forum for a few days...just seeing your post. Very happy that Hayward is on here! I have an ProLogic - 4 Relays panel, controlled through an AquaConnect system.
    I have an Aux1 button on the panel (tied to a spa blower). And an Aux2 button on the panel. Aux2 is unassigned..nothing into the relay - so obviously nothing happens when it's pushed. No Valve3 button.

I can turn Valve3 through AquaConnect, but would definitely give a try assigning it to Aux2. How do you do that?

Thanks!
    East Central FL.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the newer systems you assign the JVA to an aux using MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > ASSIGN JVA > SELECT JVA. I am not sure if that works for your system however.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I have been off line for a while, sorry. Do you have a Aqua Plus or a PS-4 system. My guess is the Aqua Plus P-4. You would assign the Aux three through the config menu. Better if we could talk and I could then let everyone know what the answer was. Can you private message me your phone number and I will call. I will then post the answer for all to see.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com