Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: High TA

1. Back To Top    #1

High TA

I am currently working with pool used by the school during the day and the public in the evening. don't know how to get the TA down to where it ought to be.
    PH- 7.4
    FC- 3.0
    CC- .8
    TA- 325
    CH-375
    CYA- 0
    Use a BECSys5 chemical controller
    Test Kits- Taylor K-1518 for chlorine, Taylor K-2005 for PH, TA, and CH
    need some sound advice.
    Thanks
    pool 200,000 gals., Indoor,inground, pool is tiled. Filters are DE with 16- 60x30 filters, filtering from both sides. Pool is located in Garland, Utah and was constructed in 1982. The circulation sys. is 24/7@ 600 gpm, as well as the air handler. The pool is owned by a school district and is used for class,as well as swimming sports, and opened to the public to. I use a BECSys5 chemical controller and taylor test kits K-2005, and k-1518

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: High TA

Welcome to TFP!

Assuming you have a regular water replacement schedule, normal for a public pool, and naturally high TA fill water, then there is nothing you can do about the TA level. It is going to be high no matter what you do. All you can do is maintain the PH somewhere in the 7.3-7.4 range with frequent acid additions. Acid feed automation is likely your best choice.

Measuring your fill water TA, if you haven't already, is a good step.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My fill water IS high in alkalinity it is 275 ppm as for water replacement it has only been changed twice scince it was built. Also there is some replacement when I clean filters
    pool 200,000 gals., Indoor,inground, pool is tiled. Filters are DE with 16- 60x30 filters, filtering from both sides. Pool is located in Garland, Utah and was constructed in 1982. The circulation sys. is 24/7@ 600 gpm, as well as the air handler. The pool is owned by a school district and is used for class,as well as swimming sports, and opened to the public to. I use a BECSys5 chemical controller and taylor test kits K-2005, and k-1518

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!

That's quite a pool you have there.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem