Classic pool store story

ddpool

Jul 20, 2008
Minnesota
Just wanted to share a pretty good story from my visit to the pool store:

Before 10 steps in...I was approached by one of the employees..."Looking for pool closing chemicals"? I responded..."yes..(just to see what they had to offer). He pointed me to a box and proceeded to say.."this is all you need"...just pour all the contents of the box into the pool and place this liquid filled ball in too". "I asked what is in the liquid ball"?...he responds..."I am not sure...but I know it works great!"...wow (I thought). I then asked..."what chemicals are in the box that you say to just dump in pool"?...again...he responds with "We're not chemical experts...all I know is you dump it in and you are good to go"...wow..again (I actually said). So, anyways....needless to say...I walked out with TFP in my mind and more money in my pocket!...Thanks!

waterbear said:
Swimgirl said:
Nice. Talk about somebody who doesn't know the stuff he's selling! :roll: :blah:
Sort of like shopping at Best Buy or Circuit city! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I like that. I am an electronics technician; I work at a defense contractor, and also have a bachelor's in Information Technology. It never ceases to amaze me how little the people who sell electronics really know about them! (It also really gripes me when I run into a salesperson who thinks that because I'm a female, I must automatically be an electronic numbskull. Usually when I run into that I go into technospeak and watch their head spin. :twisted: )

Unfortunately the employees make minimum wage.

Can't expect knowledgeable employees without a pay scale that supports it.

I am dreading the day that the stores are manned with security guards and self checkout kiosks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.