Pebble Tec or Pebbel Sheen vs. Adams Pebble Plus

mxdad777

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 26, 2012
Northern California
I haven't signed a contract yet, but was wondering if there is any feedback on the Adams Pebble Plus w/hand seeded glass and seashell vs. the Pebble Tec products? I was set on going with either Pebble Tec or Pebble Sheen, but the salesman is really pushing the Adams in house product. He is saying the product comes from the same place and the warranty is the same. Is it really the same and they can sell it cheaper because they aren't having to pay the franchise fee to Pebble Tec or what. Has anyone had the Adams Pebble Plus installed? Are these really the same product with just a different name? Any advice and input will be much appreciated.

Reactions: advfin
I have never heard of Adams Pebble.

PebbleTec has tight controls on who can install their product and requires them to be trained. Maybe your pool builder is not approved and would have to sub it out to a more expensive installer ... and thus are trying to push you to a product that they can install more cheaply.

They could certainly be similar products, it is just pebbles in "concrete". But who is to say that the installer of the Adams is better or worse than the trained installers of the PebbleTec?

The differences almost all have to do with the experience level of the crews doing the work. I have no experience with Adams in particular. However, PebbleTec specifically checks their installers for skill levels, and will only allow the most experienced installers to install their product. With most other brands you don't know what you are going to get for sure. Some off brand crews will be just as experiences as a PebbleTec crew, but others can be much worse. The more experienced installers tend to work for PebbleTec, because they make more money that way. So it is rare to see equal quality from other brands, though it does happen.

You could ask them for references and check to see how things turned out for their recent customers.

Adams is an authorized Pebble Tec dealer / installer. They offer all of the Pebble Tec products as well as their own that they call Pebble Plus. The Pebble Plus looks almost identical to the Pebble Sheen, but they offer it for less money. They have their own install crew and it's the same crew regardless if they install the Adams Pebble or Pebble Tec. I'm hoping someone on here knows the story behind the Adams product and can verify that it indeed is the same product as the Pebble Tec.

Reactions: Colibre
I've heard of it recently, but I don't think we've heard enough to know.

Chances are, it's a decent finish, and a quality install will likely give you many years of satisfaction. Have you decided on this applicator? Either way, if you are trying to save, you should consider a high quality Quartz finish.

Maxdad777,

I live in your area just a little north of the TriValley and I got multiple bids from local PB to remodel our pool. Adams bid included their Pebble Plus. The sales rep told me that it has a 10 year warranty. I have to admit that I was leary about their line simply because it isn't Pebble Tec/Sheen/etc or WetEdge. Our friends that have remodeled have only gone with Pebble Tec/Sheen. We decided to go with Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen simply because Pebble Tec has been around for a long time and is proven. I asked Adams if they would do Pebble Sheen instead and they said they would, but it's about the same cost. I wanted to go with Adams because of their reputation, but their bid was substantially higher than other PBs. A word to the wise, your salesperson may be the greatest, but it is the planning department that will make it or break it. I'm pretty mad with my PB and yesterday was day 1 for demo. I wish I would've known about the planning department garbage before I signed the contract and before the 72 hour recision expired because I would've bailed on the PB even though my salesperson was great. Don't know if I helped or made it more difficult.

I have recently had their Pebble Plus product installed in our new Pool. We used the Mediterranean blue option. I must say it looks fantastic. It uses the same pebble product as pebble Tec, but they add the glass beads to the mix, and also use bags of Shimmering sea (abalone shells) in the mixture. Prior to making my decision, we had went and seen 10 pools with either pebble tec or sheen but took the risk. Turned out fantastic, and it has a look that would cost you a tone to duplicate with Pebble Tec.

Adams is the only authorized pebble tec installer in nor cal other than Premier Pools. So this is their cup of tea.

Hello, I am at the point that i need to pick my color. My PB uses Adams and showed me the Mediterranean blue. I was under the impression that it was pebble sheen. I will have to check. Either way it is good to know you like the color. How is the texture? Can you post a picture of the pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to all you newbies! You guys are posting on a thread that is over a year old and the OP (original poster) hasn't posted in over a year. You might be better off starting a new thread with your questions.

What did you end up getting? I too am in Norcal, specifically the tri-Valley. I had Adams out, Michael Anderson is the sales rep, and I was not impressed with him at the least. But I did have quality pool and construction out and they specifically use Adam’s pebble plus and swear by it.

Hello everyone. We just finished our install on re plastering our pool. ( new house and new pool owners) we went with Adams pools and used their pebble plus in Indigo color. Very happy with install amd how quick they did it and the way it turned out. We filled our pool yesterday. Only thing is they didn’t give us any start up instructions or recommendations!!! I’ve read your suppose to brush the pool but the installers and job Forman said with pebble plus you don’t have to.. anyone know ?? I figure can’t hurt to brush it.. I don’t see any dust... they acid washed it the day after install then we filled it.. any help would be appreciated

Oh we are in San Rafael and had the Pleasanton office do the work

I haven't signed a contract yet, but was wondering if there is any feedback on the Adams Pebble Plus w/hand seeded glass and seashell vs. the Pebble Tec products? I was set on going with either Pebble Tec or Pebble Sheen, but the salesman is really pushing the Adams in house product. He is saying the product comes from the same place and the warranty is the same. Is it really the same and they can sell it cheaper because they aren't having to pay the franchise fee to Pebble Tec or what. Has anyone had the Adams Pebble Plus installed? Are these really the same product with just a different name? Any advice and input will be much appreciated.
I just went to the showroom hoping that the Pebble sheen colors would wow me over the Adams and it just didn't happen. The Pebble tec looks awesome online but in the water- it's a lot of gray. The Adams product looks like a beautiful blue- which I want. But from what I read- the Pebble tec is higher quality- so I am torn - I also would like some advice -thanks.

Go with Wet Edge. I did. I wasn’t gonna drink though juice and go with the Adams product. Didn’t trust Adam’s warranty nor that they could be selling a generic made in the same place and sourced from the same materials as Pebble.

Adams is an authorized Pebble Tec dealer / installer. They offer all of the Pebble Tec products as well as their own that they call Pebble Plus. The Pebble Plus looks almost identical to the Pebble Sheen, but they offer it for less money. They have their own install crew and it's the same crew regardless if they install the Adams Pebble or Pebble Tec. I'm hoping someone on here knows the story behind the Adams product and can verify that it indeed is the same product as the Pebble Tec.
Hello. I am considering the Pebble Plus as well. Did you end of installing this produce?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.