Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot Nano+ cell options

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot Nano+ cell options

Hello to all. We are refinishing our pool and adding an SWG. Our pool is approximately 14k water volume (estimated). Right now I am heavily leaning towards a Nano+ (with the 28k cell). But I have not seen any sources for the 28k cell for sale, not even on the Autopilot site (in case it fails for any reason). I had read (on this forum) that they are not out yet for sale separately because they are too new and should still all be under warranty, hence no need to sell them (yet). But I am planning to self-install so if I read the literature correctly that reduces my 3 yr warranty down to 1 year (or in some instances 90 days).

My main question is can other Autopilot cells (like the 22/35) be used with a Nano+? (if I needed to in a pinch) I waited for almost 45 minutes on hold (earlier this week) to try to ask that question of Autopilot directly, but finally gave up. I was hoping someone with experience with the units can speak to the usage. In theory the wattage of the power supply in the Nano+ should be plenty to run the 22k cell (if it will run a 28k one), but I am not sure if there isn't some setting that would prevent that.

TIA!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot Nano+ cell options

Welcome to TFP!

The Nano Plus works with both the RC-35/22 and RC-28 cells.

I am just starting to see a few places list the RC-28 replacement cell for sale. They should become generally available before the end of the summer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you very much for the fast response!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkss View Post
    But I am planning to self-install so if I read the literature correctly that reduces my 3 yr warranty down to 1 year (or in some instances 90 days).
    Systems installed on residential applications in the US have a 2 year warranty. This is not altered if you install the unit yourself as long as the unit is installed, operated and maintained as per AutoPilot's owner/installation manual. However the unit must be purchased through an authorized dealer for warranty purposes.

But I have not seen any sources for the 28k cell for sale, not even on the Autopilot site (in case it fails for any reason). I had read (on this forum) that they are not out yet for sale separately because they are too new and should still all be under warranty, hence no need to sell them (yet).
    This is correct as well. The cells are fully available and in stock.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps