Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Help with Sunstone Pearl colors

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Help with Sunstone Pearl colors

We are in the final stage of our pool build. It is 4 -8.5 deep diving pool. We have to choose a pool finish this week. Our pool builder uses Sunstone Pearl, however we are having a hard time deciding on the color. We would like a nice medium blue. We are considering Blue Pearl. Does anyone have a pool with the Sunstone Pearl finish that could give me some feedback or have pictures they could share. Thanks!
    Gunite 19x34

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need Help with Sunstone Pearl colors

Welcome to TFP!

If you want medium Blue water, go with a lighter Blue finish. I put in Sunstone Select Quartz and we did a custom mix of Sapphire and Granite. You can see the finished color HERE.

If you go back a page or so, you can see it's barely blue when it was finished and dry.

Thank you for putting in some pool details. If you could expand on those a bit in your sig line, and add your state it would be most appreciated and enable us to help you faster with future questions. You can just list the area of whatever state that's in if you prefer.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I have sunstone select quartz "Crystal" color. This plaster color turns out off white.

Here's a pretty accurate water color photo

I know it's not the exact same plaster you are eyeing, but hopefully it helps a little.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

4. Back To Top    #4

I have SunStone Pearl - Cove Blue Pearl

Untitled by makincaid, on Flickr

19k gal, IG, Rectangle, Pebble, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge, Intelliflo VS Pump, IntellichlorSWG, Aquacal SQ-155 Heatpump, Aquaclean Aclean1 Robotic Cleaner, TF-100, Dec 2013, Jacksonville FL

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by makinc View Post
    I have SunStone Pearl - Cove Blue Pearl

Nice color combo
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks. We are very pleased how it turned out. All credit goes to the wife for the design. I just get to maintain it!.
    19k gal, IG, Rectangle, Pebble, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge, Intelliflo VS Pump, IntellichlorSWG, Aquacal SQ-155 Heatpump, Aquaclean Aclean1 Robotic Cleaner, TF-100, Dec 2013, Jacksonville FL

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks! Your pools are beautiful! Anyone have a SunStone Blue Pearl pool they could post a picture of?
    Gunite 19x34