Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator in AZ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator in AZ?

I was thinking about picking up the HASA Liquidator but I'm not sure how well it'd fair here in the AZ heat. It seems pretty inexpensive and simple to keep chlorine levels where they should be. I usually keep my HASA Chlorine either in the garage or inside my house when it starts hitting 100 here.

Anyways, is this a good idea or should I just keep doing what I'm doing and adding chlorine manually?

Thanks!
    PebbleTec | 25k Gallons | Purex Triton Whisperflo pump | Magnetek Century Centurion 1.5HP | Hayward Pro Series S311SX Sand Filter | Taylor K-2006 kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator in AZ?

25,000 gals is the very upper limit of what I'd suggest the LQ for. Given that id probably suggest looking at other options. If you do decide to try it, it should work, but you'll have to fill it pretty often.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I believe that I read a post where someone had a Liquidator tank that broke and it is not part of the warranty. So, they purchased a Brute trashcan, drilled holes, and installed the components. So, perhaps for much cheaper than a Stenner pump, you could make the Liquidator work. It is little more than a tank, some floats, and tubing. Here is the thread, which may sway you towards skipping the Liquidator..don't know, just providing info : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...dator-problems
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm about 28K, and I find terribly easy to manually to drop in some Bleach every couple of days. It's sort of a ritual I enjoy.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

I felt that way a year ago. Then, o over the winter, living in Florida, I grew weary dumping chlorine in a pool I wasn't swimming in. I also found the Liquidator maintains a constant chlorine level way better than I ever did.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

6. Back To Top    #6

My pool is over 32,000 gallons and I've had a liquidator in service for three years. I add about 2.5 gal of 10.5% chlorine once per week or maybe every other week. It has worked well.

The only problem I've had is getting parts from HASA. The flow meter developed a crack in the body last year. I made a temporary repair with PVC glue and have been trying since last July to get a new flow meter from HASA without success. I can't get anyone to return my emails or phone calls everything has to go though someone named Frankie and she will not return voice mail or email. I just tried again about 2 hours ago - left another voice mail and still have not heard back.

I would be more than happy to pay for a new flow meter if I knew what to buy, but I can't even get them to tell me that.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

7. Back To Top    #7

Did you fill out the form on their website?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by f3justusc View Post
    I believe that I read a post where someone had a Liquidator tank that broke and it is not part of the warranty. So, they purchased a Brute trashcan, drilled holes, and installed the components. So, perhaps for much cheaper than a Stenner pump, you could make the Liquidator work. It is little more than a tank, some floats, and tubing. Here is the thread, which may sway you towards skipping the Liquidator..don't know, just providing info : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...dator-problems
    That is a good idea. The liquidator comes with a 15 gal tank, but there is no reason why the tank could not be 30 gal or 50 gal. You might need a longer funnel but it would be easy to add an extension. I may look into that.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

9. Back To Top    #9

I just stumbled across this thread and thought thought the information provided would help you avoid some of the common Liquidator issues. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...quidator-users
    Last edited by f3justusc; 04-01-2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Added URL.. I think