CONVERTING FROM BAQUA TO BBB

Hi Susan. I can't help with the conversion, but have been following yours because I love the excitement of success!!

I just wanted to give you a pat on the back and say what a fantastic job you're doing. Your pool looks great. And when your pool finally reaches that beautiful sparkly, your husband owes you a VERY nice dinner and evening out!! My husband about had a hernia when I told him I was pouring BLEACH into our pool. Now, after a couple of months of a non-stinky, sparkling pleasant pool, he brags to everyone about it!! This site and these moderators are absolutely wonderful.

Keep it up and thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

Hey, Susan,

Nice work.

Chem Geek uses these criteria to decide if you are finished with a conversion.....(or clearing a green pool)

The process is complete when:
A. You hold FC loss to 1.0 or less overnite
B. Your CC's test .5 or less
C. Your water is sparkling

It sounds like you have met "a". You don't post test results for "b" and you have to decide if your water is sparkling but it sounds like you are very, very close.

For a Baquacil conversion, when the FC remains the same overnight it is time to replace the filter media and then start adding CYA. Replacing the filter media will help reduce the CC level and adding CYA will help you maintain a FC level during the day. You will need to continue keeping FC at 15 until all of the criteria duraleigh mentioned are met.

The problem you'll run into, is that since the CYA takes so long to fully dissolve, you'll lose a significant amount of it when you change the sand, as a lot of it will still be in the filter.
An alternative is to place the CYA in a sock/stocking and dangle it in front of a return jet to let it dissolve w/o getting trapped in the filter first.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.