Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help, I gots a dirty pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

Help, I gots a dirty pool.

Sometime around New year's, my pool cleaner quit working. I've got a 32/16 kidney gunite with goldline urologic controls. The Aux 2 (polaris pump) does nothing when I push the button. Please help.
    Thanks.
    32/16 granite, 14.5k gallons of salt water. Surrounded by cool deck (a must have in Georgia)
    Lots of privacy for me and the little woman.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help, I gots a dirty pool.

Forgot to add that it's just dirty, not nasty or anything. I bought one of those cleaners that you hook a garden hose to. Gets leaves and leaves everything else. I just need to know if there is anything I can try before I call the pool guy out.
    32/16 granite, 14.5k gallons of salt water. Surrounded by cool deck (a must have in Georgia)

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Ajcarson View Post
    Forgot to add that it's just dirty, not nasty or anything. I bought one of those cleaners that you hook a garden hose to. Gets leaves and leaves everything else. I just need to know if there is anything I can try before I call the pool guy out.

Have you tested the water with a test kit? Also, if it's just dirty, are you able to manually vacuum it until you can sort out the rest of things? that should give you some time to determine if you have a dead pump motor, or something electrically broken before the motor...

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

+1 what gilbee said.......manually vacuum until you get your booster pump fixed.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

It's mainly just small stuff on the bottom that won't vac up. I really need help with the pump for my Polaris. Goldline controls, when I push the aux 2 button happens. No click, no nuttin. Can someone tell me where to start?

6. Back To Top    #6

You need to start by measuring the voltage to see if the pump is getting the required power to run. If you don't have electrical experience then it is time to call a pool guy out as electricity will kill you fast if mishandled.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

Not sure if it's a permanent fix, but it's working. Oh Yeah!
    I realized that there was no clicking noise when I pushed the AUX2 button (which controls the pump for my polaris). But when I pushed AUX1 button their was a click. So I figured since AUX1 wasn't controlling anything, I would just switch the wires (after turning power off, of course). And it works.
    Just got to figure out how to program it. When I go through the programming menu it doesn't give an option for AUX1. But it works when I manually turn it on. But, it works and I gots a clean pool again.