Pressure wash paint off?

Jul 6, 2014
Cupertino, CA
Hello:

I am getting ready to get the pool going again after letting it go over the past 6 months due to various issues. I have drained the water and am cleaning out the debris now. I noticed that there are paint flakes coming off the plaster surface. In some places, there are large flakes and bubbles of the paint and there are also paint roller marks that are ugly. Since most people here advise against painting the pool surface, I wanted to know if I can pressure wash the paint off the surface and turn it white. If that does not work, how about applying some paint stripper?

Thanks!

Thanks. I have an electric pressure washer which I am not even sure will hit the 1000 psi mark. I will post some pictures that show the peeling paint as soon as I can. I don't think the previous owner did any acid washes since I don't see any signs of pitting or rough plaster. Will doing an acid wash make it easier to pressure wash the paint off?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.