Calcium deposit line on blue tiles around pool.

Mar 31, 2015
Phoenix
I just had my plaster pool acid washed and replaced the sand in my sand filter. I am in Phoenix and the water is so hard you can walk on it. Now that the plaster is clean and I am going to use liquid chlorine to avoid powder shock, how can I remove the white build up on my tiles and keep it off. Is there a reliable product? Beautec maybe??

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

To remove the build-up, you can use a water/muriatic acid solution and scrub it off. Or have it soda/bead blasted off.

There is no way to prevent it from coming back because it is the deposits left when water evaporates ... and we have a lot of that around here.

If acid didn't get it, it may not be calcium. What strength and dilution did you use? Did the white buildup foam up when you applied the acid?
Huge +1 to this. I have a metric "buttload" of dark blue tile...I've come rather accustomed to acid washing the tiles due to Jesus rated water. get a dropper of straight MA see if that foams on the "calcium". if it doesn't, it's not Calcium.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.