What is this thing on the pool wall?

gilbee

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Harvey, LA
We just bought a new house with an inground pool---I've had some friends come by and show me the basics, and I'm perusing the pool school stuff, but no one has been able to tell me much about this...This picture is of an item on the deeper end of the pool---I originally thought it was a broken light, but I now know that we have fiber optic lights, so that's not it. Someone mentioned it might be part of an older salt system, but I haven't been able to confirm...anyone here know what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_4920.JPG.jpg
    IMG_4920.JPG.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 185
I did a little more researching, and it appears it may indeed be part of an old salt system...the salt control box is called "Pure & Clear", and looks to be marketed originally as a product called "Kreepy Kleer", which has now been discontinued by Kreepy Krauly...I found installation instructions, which line up with how it's positioned, and it looks like what I have is just a more decorative version of that in the pool...barring anyone who can determine otherwise, that's what I'm going with, and this thing is coming out next time I get in the pool (after disconnecting the power control system of course).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.