Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: above ground pool witch brand is better

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile above ground pool witch brand is better

looking at 18 x 33 every salesmen has the best one any one have any help

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: above ground pool witch brand is better

The one you can reasonably afford.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

I like my Sharkline but if my local dealer had offered something different I would have taken it since I was not doing the install. If you are installing it, you certainly want something that is easy. I'm not sure how much a longer warranty matters. I know I won't have the pool for 30 years.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

4. Back To Top    #4

I like our sharkline. I didn't install it, and we got the best price on line. It was shipped right to the door, and installers didn't complain, so must have been an ok build for them. Couple years later, still looks great.
    24x54 Sharkline Matrix
    Hayward 1 hp Powermax single speed pump
    Hayward ec50ac DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

thank you
    Anyone heard of "COSTA DEL SOL" model of pool by Atlantic/Vogue, or "QUEST" model of pool by I believe, Wilbar? Thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by f3justusc View Post
    I like my Sharkline but if my local dealer had offered something different I would have taken it since I was not doing the install. If you are installing it, you certainly want something that is easy. I'm not sure how much a longer warranty matters. I know I won't have the pool for 30 years.
    When I built my garage, I remember thinking 25 year shingles is a long time. That was about 22 years ago. Time flies.

7. Back To Top    #7

I have heard mostly good things about most of the Wilbar pool brands. They make many brands including Aqualeader, Atlantic Pools, Sharkline, Vogue, Evolution Fence, EZ Panel Pool, Trendium Pools

I know some feel they can be difficult when a part is needed but I had pretty good luck getting the parts I needed, even without part numbers.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

I have a Radiant Metric. The install was super easy, no posts, no ring at the bottom, and no big sheet up steel to unroll. There are panels that fit together with a spline. After the ground was done, I had all the walls up in less than an hour. By build link is in the description. It was more expensive than I originally wanted to spend, but, I found a coupon for 20% off and bought it online. I saved almost 2k by using the coupon, and buying online as opposed to buying locally. I like to support local small businesses, but not at a cost of 2k
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by yostmatt View Post
    I have a Radiant Metric. The install was super easy, no posts, no ring at the bottom, and no big sheet up steel to unroll. There are panels that fit together with a spline. After the ground was done, I had all the walls up in less than an hour. By build link is in the description. It was more expensive than I originally wanted to spend, but, I found a coupon for 20% off and bought it online. I saved almost 2k by using the coupon, and buying online as opposed to buying locally. I like to support local small businesses, but not at a cost of 2k
    I've been really thinking of buying this pool. The local salesman did a wonderful job in describing its benefits, though so did the Ultimate Pool salesman.... Really unsure what to do? Can you offer any help. Thanks!!

15x30 Oval 13,500 Gal, IG Vinyl built Fall 2015,
    TF-100 test kit
    Pentair Sand Dollar 40 Pump & Filter System 1HP Dynamo
    Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

10. Back To Top    #10

Best thing I can tell you is to look at the radiant pools website, and download a copy of the instructions. The instructions are simple and easy to follow. Check out my build in my description. If you have any questions, you can PM me. I am very happy with the way it went, my dad, why helped me just could not believe how simple it was. He has helped put a few pools in, and said this was by far the easiest. But the instructions will give you a clear understanding of what is involved. I read the instructions a few times before I even bought the pool.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

11. Back To Top    #11

thank you guys that is a lot of help
    Anyone heard of "COSTA DEL SOL" model of pool by Atlantic/Vogue, or "QUEST" model of pool by I believe, Wilbar? Thanks