Pool drain not working

Jan 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Basically we bought this house with a pool few years ago. I didn't really pay attention but now I think that the main drain in the bottom of the pool isn't connected to the pool pump. I installed a swg and accidentally poured too much salt in the deep end. With the pool pump running, I brushed the extra salt over the main drain to see if it would suck it and try to dissolve faster. What ended up happening was the salt just sat ontop of the drain and never moved and just piled up.

The pool has 1 main drain in the deep end, 2 skimmers and a connected spa with 2 drains. I attached a picture showing what each inlet pipe does.

Could the main drain be clogged? But wouldn't I have another main drain pvc going to the pump? I tried to dig down around the other pipes to see if they just capped it off for some reason.

What are my options?

Thanks for any feedback.

10djPLz.png

ward1983 may be on to something.

If the floor is plumbed to one of the skimmers (which is likely), if you do not have a float diverter under the skimmer basket, you will not get any suction from the floor.

You have more investigating to do ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.