Help im freaking out!!

SuzyAbbott

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 29, 2011
Hamilton, NJ
So we had some rust stains on the outside of our 1 year old matrix pool. The pool guy said he would come out and repair it and fix the leak issue around the skimmer and jets. I was home all day and didnt see them here. I went our back and this is how they fixed it. image.jpg

They sanded ut and painted it black!!! I called asking what the **** and he said thats what we talked about. Im like no way. They were supposed to take the jet out do the open edge causing the rust and put the jet back in.

He said he can paint over the black with gray but its not going to match exactly. I would never had lt them do it if i knew this is what if be left with.

What do i do now?? Let them comw back and paint over it? Do it ourselves? I am so ******!!!

Wow that is some shoddy work ... maybe you should fix the scratches/rust on his car the same way :mrgreen: ... but seriously do not do that ;)

I thought they were weird shadows at first ... took a minute to realize what I was looking at.

This is a large widely known pool company. I am on the verge of a breakdown right now

- - - Updated - - -

And it was rust stains down the side. We never even tried to clean them. Never im my wildest thoughts would i think theyd paint my pool wall black!!!

I am freaked out too! someone turned your pool sideways! :-D Sorry, couldn't resist.

At this point if you have the ability to repair it yourself then I would do that. Go to Lowes and buy some gray rustoleum.

So, he says the the gray paint won't match. I guess he thinks black does? What the heck?!?!??

I dont know. We just opened it and the level was down so they could fix the leak so i wont know until i bring the level back up. :-(

- - - Updated - - -

Lol we renovated a condemned 6500 square foot mansion. I thought id hire experts for this since plumbing isnt our thing. Shoulda just done it. Could not have been any worse

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I sent an email to the bosses telling them to go pound salt and ill find someone else to fix it (me and the hubbs). and im not paying their bill either. The two valves they put on are not going to equal the cost to fix their repair. :-(

So, he says the the gray paint won't match. I guess he thinks black does? What the heck?!?!?? by pooldv. Made me smile! He really thought that was a real fix. I'm a QC inspector and deal with painted or the painting of steel almost everyday. Taking care of rusting steel is a multi step repair if you are going to stop it cold in it's tracks. The spraying of the black top coat on the rust is a temporary fix and the rust will come back in time. it would be best to remove this black and treat the rust with a metal wash primer or some naval jelly if you can't find a wash primer. Then paint the wash primer over with a buff or epoxy primer. Then apply a top coat(gray Rustoleum) on top of that primer. Follow the paint can instructions and the rest of the pool might rust but that area will not.
Super job on the restoration! That had to be a lot of work but it came out very nice.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.