PVC leak at Multi-port

Oct 11, 2012
We have a leak from the sand filter to the PVC leaving toward salt generator. I've attached photo with arrow pointing to leak. Doesn't seemed to be cracked, but hard to tell. We've never had a problem before but we do have limited experience repairing home pipes. Can someone help us? Thank you!
pvc leak.jpg

Re: PVC pipe leak

Is this a threaded joint or is the white pipe glued into the black?

Not an expert but it seems to me the threads on the outside of the valve would have been the correct connection.

I agree that must be a threaded connection, but pretty odd they did not use the exterior threads to not restrict the flow some much at the joint.

There might be just enough pipe left there to cut off the fitting that goes into the filter, and add a new fitting and coupler ... better yet, use a union instead of a coupler to make it easier to get into the top of the filter if needed.

If I understand correctly, I need to order the Pentair kit and cut where the threads go inside the valve. The new connection will be outside threads, rather than inside, the way the pool installer "experts" installed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.