Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellicolor controller?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellicolor controller?

Hello, all. As part of my pool remodel, I will be replacing two pool lights and one spa light with Intellibrite fixtures. I currently have a Compool LX10/Timemaster system which I will be upgrading to an Easytouch system. My question is, do I need the Intellibrite Controller or can The Easytouch system control the lights in the same manner as the controller?
    Thanks for any help, just do not want the expense of the controller if the Easytouch will do the same thing.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellicolor controller?

The EasyTouch can control the lights very flexibly, even without the IntelliBrite Controller. The one advantage of the IntelliBrite is it has dedicated buttons for each color. The EasyTouch can actually do more things with the lights, it just takes an extra tap or two.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Ditto on above.. If you have both an intellibrite control and an easy touch it will just end up confusing the issue.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, JasonLion and racket. Just the info I was looking for. I will not install the Intellibrite Controller.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.