Err1 message on Compool

Jul 29, 2011
My Compool unit (Cp3400) had a Err1 message. I replace the Temperature Sensor and the error remains on the unit. I shut the unit down at the breaker for two minutes and then restarted and the error message is still there. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion.

Thanks!
Goodluckking

My Pool: 18,000+ gallon built-in with waterfall and spa.

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP!

Error 1 is a water temperature sensor error. That could mean a problem with the sensor, a problem with the sensor wire, a problem with the connection of the sensor to the main board, or very occasionally a problem with the main board it's self.

Given that you already tried replacing the sensor, the next most likely cause would be a short or broken connection of some kind at the point where the sensor connects to the main board.

Do you know how many Ohms the red and green wired one is? I returned the sensor I installed and the L*****e Pool employee was very rude and not helpful. I would appreciate any info you might have that would help me order the correct one on-line.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Replaced my temperature sensor in March, now I am getting the exact same error. Seems unlikely that the sensor went bad already. I have check for shorts and the system looks fine. Any suggestions or insight?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the same Err1 message. I've had it for a while but didn't get around to changing the water sensor until I was ready to use the pool (and heater). I changed the sensor but I still ave the message.

I've cross checked the sensor with the freeze sensor and a second new sensor, so I'm assuming this is a circuit board or connection issue? Does anyone know if I can avoid changing the circuit board, or replacing the whole controller?

Is there a way to bypass the water sensor to run the mini-max heater, please?

Thanks!

I have found that the Compool is reading my spa water temperature as 188f.... I managed to adjust this down to 167f using the Compool control pad, but I cannot get the temperature down to accurate reading.

Is there a way to calibrate the sensor from here, please?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.