Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Err1 message on Compool

1. Back To Top    #1

Err1 message on Compool

My Compool unit (Cp3400) had a Err1 message. I replace the Temperature Sensor and the error remains on the unit. I shut the unit down at the breaker for two minutes and then restarted and the error message is still there. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion.

Thanks!
    Goodluckking

My Pool: 18,000+ gallon built-in with waterfall and spa.
    Last edited by goodluckking; 03-29-2015 at 09:10 PM. Reason: adding detail of my pool
    Fort Worth, TX, 23k gallon Free Form Diamond Brite, 100 sq ft Tanning Ledge w/ 3 bubblers, 2hp Jandy Variable Speed ePump, 460 sq ft Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Polaris 280 w/booster, Jandy Aqualink PDA_P4

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Err1 message on Compool

Welcome to TFP!

Error 1 is a water temperature sensor error. That could mean a problem with the sensor, a problem with the sensor wire, a problem with the connection of the sensor to the main board, or very occasionally a problem with the main board it's self.

Given that you already tried replacing the sensor, the next most likely cause would be a short or broken connection of some kind at the point where the sensor connects to the main board.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Did you replace it with the proper sensor with green/red wires? The newer units use a 10k ohm sensor with red/black wires which is not compatible.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

You're on the money, I replaced it with a red/black wire sensor. Thanks.
    Fort Worth, TX, 23k gallon Free Form Diamond Brite, 100 sq ft Tanning Ledge w/ 3 bubblers, 2hp Jandy Variable Speed ePump, 460 sq ft Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Polaris 280 w/booster, Jandy Aqualink PDA_P4

5. Back To Top    #5

Do you know how many Ohms the red and green wired one is? I returned the sensor I installed and the L*****e Pool employee was very rude and not helpful. I would appreciate any info you might have that would help me order the correct one on-line.

Thanks!
    Last edited by goodluckking; 04-01-2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: miss spelling

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by racket View Post
    Thanks. found one and its ordered.

8. Back To Top    #8

Replaced my temperature sensor in March, now I am getting the exact same error. Seems unlikely that the sensor went bad already. I have check for shorts and the system looks fine. Any suggestions or insight?

9. Back To Top    #9

I replaced the sensor and all is good. We did have some storms and the power went out for a minute. I assume its a electrical surge that zapped the sensor. Any other input would be appreciated.

10. Back To Top    #10

Is it possible to simply short across the sensor leads to simulate an active sensor?

Thanks

11. Back To Top    #11

I have the same Err1 message. I've had it for a while but didn't get around to changing the water sensor until I was ready to use the pool (and heater). I changed the sensor but I still ave the message.

I've cross checked the sensor with the freeze sensor and a second new sensor, so I'm assuming this is a circuit board or connection issue? Does anyone know if I can avoid changing the circuit board, or replacing the whole controller?

Is there a way to bypass the water sensor to run the mini-max heater, please?

Thanks!
    25k I G plaster pool w/spa. 2.2HP Century Centurion switchless motor. COMPOOL lx3800. Pentair FNS Plus DE FILTER 60sq/ft.
    Houston, TX - direct sunlight 8 hours a day.

12. Back To Top    #12

I have found that the Compool is reading my spa water temperature as 188f.... I managed to adjust this down to 167f using the Compool control pad, but I cannot get the temperature down to accurate reading.

Is there a way to calibrate the sensor from here, please?

Thanks!
    25k I G plaster pool w/spa. 2.2HP Century Centurion switchless motor. COMPOOL lx3800. Pentair FNS Plus DE FILTER 60sq/ft.
    Houston, TX - direct sunlight 8 hours a day.