Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing flex tubes on Hayward filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing flex tubes on Hayward filter

Equipment: Hayward Perflex Model # EC-75

I need to replace several flex tubes (6-10) on my referenced filter.
    According to the manual I need Part #ECX 1032 (or 4810-23A). The length of this part is 16 1/4". However when I measure the length of the actual flex tubes in my filter they are 12" long. I am wondering if my pool service company may have returned the wrong assembly after one of my acid cleanings. This length seems to work fine for me. Any suggestions as to the part # that I need for the tubes I have now.
    16' x 36' In-ground. Vinyl Liner. 24,000 Gallons. Hayward 3/4 HP self priming pump. Hayward EC 75 Perflex filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing flex tubes on Hayward filter

It appears the flex-tubes come in two lengths with the 50 and 75 using the longer tubes and the others using the shorter tube. I also see you can get bags for 10 for about $50 as opposed to $8-12 each ECX1032PAK10.

Maybe you should call Hayward to confirm.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

I would suspect that you have tubes for the EC-65 (ECX1031 Flex-Tube Assembly – 13 3⁄8") (Measured while not in the tube sheets). The ECX1032 Flex-Tube Assembly – 16 1⁄4" Long is for the EC75. Either should work in your filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The EC1031 is for the EC65 and the 1032 is for the EC75. The 1032 is 16 1/4" long. The 12" ones sound like they are for a EC40. I would go with the longer ones as this will give you more filter area for capturing debris and longer filter cycles before bumping or draining.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

5. Back To Top    #5

The EC 40 takes the same flex tube as the EC65. The EC40 take 72, whereas the EC65 takes 120.

6. Back To Top    #6

Have you considered getting the smooth flex pvc from your hardware store? I've been looking into this myself so the tubing isn't resting on the ground, as mine is now. Its too long.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by eric.mathison View Post
    Have you considered getting the smooth flex pvc from your hardware store? I've been looking into this myself so the tubing isn't resting on the ground, as mine is now. Its too long.
    The flex tubes referenced are parts internal the Peflex filter. They get coated with DE, inside the filter, to clean the water.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Oh... so there is an advantage. I guess I'll need to get shorter ones from hayward then for mine too.
    Pool Stats: 24" Round Above Ground - Vinyl - 13,500 Gallons | Filter: Hayward Sand S180T | Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix | Testing Kit: TF-100 | Mount Pleasant, Tennessee

9. Back To Top    #9

Your signature show you have Hayward sand filter.

The flex tubes ONLY work in the Hayward Perflex DEfilter

Here's mine, an EC 50

Inside a dirty one:

Clean:

-- Guy --