Pentair Multi Color Spa Light issue

Swampy

Mar 29, 2015
Corona Ca
Hello ,I have a Pentair multi color spa light which flickered a little when turned on then went almost dark . I say almost because you can see the light is on and I can change between colors but all remain almost completely dark . I have a Jandy 8 function spa link & in house Aqua Link RS running it & both have the same problem . I also have the Jandy sub control panel and that has the same issue .So 3 area's to turn the lights on with the same problem . Pool lights are still running fine its just this spa light . System is about 8 years old . I can hear the relays click on for both the pool light & the spa light with only the spa issue .
Bulbs I doubt but Relays maybe? or am I looking at something more difficult ? Thanks for the help .

Thanks for the reply JasonLion. I just took the spa light out & noticed half of it filled with water , so your right on . 1 smaller bulb (MR8) fried & 3 larger (MR11) don't look so hot either . Plus the rotating color wheel looks horrible too . All else looks fine , housing , wiring into it ,glass lens & clamp ring all look good. Pool electrical done by a professional 8 years ago but now I'm kinda wondering how professional was he , shouldn't a breaker have popped when the light came on while wet ? Top it off I was in it when it started to flicker & nothing popped ,scarey . Anyways , do you think I have a chance of changing the bulbs ,color wheel & new seal & it working ?
Thanks again .

You should have a gfci on the lights. However since the SAM/SAL lights have an internal transformer potted into the fixture, if the light fixture gets wet, it may not trip the GFCI>

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.