Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter not working, 0 pressure, flow is OK?

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter not working, 0 pressure, flow is OK?

Hi, lurked here to solve past issues but this one has me scratching my head. I've recently noticed that my filter doesn't appear to be working any longer. I had some algae appear a few weeks ago, so I shocked the water and brushed as I usually do but the water isn't clearing. I went to check the filter pressure, the gauge reads zero. Thinking I had a bad gauge (since flow is fine) I tried to backwash the filter, when I did the sight bubble stayed clear, usually backwash is very dirty. The multi valve appears to be working, since backwash sent water out the discharge, and 'filter' does not. Any ideas?

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Filter not working, 0 pressure, flow is OK?

How old is the filter and how strong is the return flow going back into the pool? May be time to deep clean. Welcome to the forum.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Filter not working, 0 pressure, flow is OK?

Welcome to TFP!

The most likely possibility is that you have a multi-position valve that is currently setup to bypass the filter. Assuming that isn't the issue, the gauge is almost certainly broken. Typical pool pressure gauges break fairly easily.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School