Update from a pool newbie using TFP method.

Hello everyone,

We purchased our house four months ago with my first pool. When I moved in the CYA was over 175, so I did a drain and refill.

Using the advice found here I have spent $25 on chemicals so far, all from the big box store.

Everyone who has visited my house comments on how clean my pool is, they always say something like "oh, that must be a pain to take care of." I tell them with five minutes a day and the knowledge from this site it couldn't be easier.

I plan on contributing to the site as soon as I can afford it, thank you so much to everyone here.

Todays test results:

FC 5
CC 0
PH 7.7
TA 100
CH 375
CYA 32

Welcome!
Been using TFP for 3 seasons starting on the 4th. Will NEVER turn back to pool store advice.
You will hopefully never go even ONE season listening to the pool store advice.
Glad you found this site and you will never regret it. The help AND the fun posts are better than any social media. ::epds::

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congrats on your accomplishment of keeping a Trouble Free Pool! You really have to give yourself credit. There are many many people that aren't willing to try the TFPC method...they think the pool stores are Gods of water chemistry (snicker). You've managed to not be one of them. Congrats! This site is a wonderful resource, I can't discount that, but you gotta pat yourself on the back too. :p

Just last weekend I was telling my wife how amazed I was at how little work pool ownership was with the TFPC/BBB method of doing things. After all the horror stories I've seen/heard/read, I'm thrilled with being a pool owner.

I think it's funny how people always assume a pool is really expensive to maintain. A friend of mine was looking at houses and mentioned that one of her criteria was that the house didn't have a pool. I asked why she didn't want a pool and she said because it was too expensive, lol. Keep in mind, she belongs to a swim club and pays $600 per year :confused:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.