residential to commercial in a week

Oct 26, 2014
Thailand
Hi all ive been running the TFPC method now for 6 months really happy with it no cloudy pool no green pool all is good .Then we decieded to let the local kids use the pool for a small fee towards running costs ( i live in a relatively poor area in north east Thailand) so now we have had temps up to 40oc water temp of 32/33 and up to 50 kids swimming a day .What im doing at the mo is checking FC 3-4 times a day and keeping to the higher range of 5-6 adding chlorine as soon as it drops down to 2.5 .My CYA (45) also running the pump longer (normally 5 hours) 10-12 hours a day and i have to vacum every morning and its staying pretty clear not 100% but pretty good considering .So has anybody got any helpfull hints ive been using 8-10 litres of 10% chlorine every day as well hopefully next week i will get my generator dont know if it will keep up with this though ,wont be for ever as its the school holidays and the hotest part of the year at the mo .

With that kind of load and environmental conditions (Sun and Heat) I'm not surprised at all. Keep the Bleach on hand because your generator will still need some help in those conditions.

That is a lot of demand on a pool that size.

Thanks for the input i have run the pump/filter 24/7 a few times and it does clear the water 100%.Looking at pool math and my current liquid chlorine consumption looks like the generator would have to run 24/7 to have any chace to keep up though im guessing that what mean a high FC in the mornings with no use over night will have to test a lot to get it where i need ,im also not 100% sure with the strentgh of the liquid chlorine i buy as it is shipped from 600 miles away not direct from the manufacturer i have seen it sat outside in the sun before when picking it up and it has no manufacture date , i did test it several times after adding 2L to the pool then test the FC 30 mins later and it seemed somewhere near but i have used a lot of it in the last 6 months will be interesting to see how it compares with the generator that is supposed to make a set amount p/h

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.