Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa runs in overflow mode all the time

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa runs in overflow mode all the time

This is a an interesting question, as my pool also runs in overflow mode all the time. I'm certain that it could be programmed to bypass the spa, because it creates a "closed loop" for just the spa in spa mode. Therefore I just need to use that "closed loop" and focus it on the pool mode........ somehow. Sounds easy, but programming that sucker is tough for the novice!
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adjusting return jets...

Some plumbing setups have a spa makeup valve on the pool mode that may not let you automatically switch to pool only.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Adjusting return jets...

Thanks for the heads up, Jason. Sounds like I need to ask a few questions about my setup.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Spa runs in overflow mode all the time

What brand of automation system do you have? All of them should have a setting for what you want, but it can be tricky to find on some models.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Spa runs in overflow mode all the time

Do you mean to say that all your return water goes through the spa and then over the spillway into the pool?
    Nothing ever comes out of your pool returns?
    Sounds like some valves and/or actuators need adjusting. Possibly some programming too