Need to add more sodium bromide

May 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My 425 gallon tubs needs about 2.5 ounces of sodium bromide at startup. I only have 0.8oz right now and I'm unable to get to the store. I do have Leisure Time bromo tabs, and if I understand correctly, I can use those to help with my bromide reserve, it'll just take a little bit to convert. Any idea how many tabs I can crush and throw into the water? Thanks

You could just add some tabs to a floater and maintain bromine levels with that for about a week or so, depending on usage. After 2-3 tablets have fully dissolved, you'd have a sufficient bromide reserve, assuming it is BCDMH (Bromochloro-5,5-dimethylhydantoin) based tablets. If you don't have an ozonator, you'd likely not have to intentionally add any more tablets or bromide until you drain and refill. If you have an ozonator, bromide is slowly broken down and you may have to add more over time. There is no direct way to measure bromide from what I know and if you shock with bleach, you can't tell if you're measuring free bromine or free chlorine if the bromide bank is exhausted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.