Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Use Robot During Spring Cleanup?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Goldsboro, NC

Use Robot During Spring Cleanup?

So, I have SLAM'd the pool and the water is crystal clear. The bottom of the pool, however, is dirty with stuff that has settled over the winter. I was wondering if I should brush this and rely on the filter to clean it out over time or if I could put the robot in to take care of it? Will it be too much for for the robot? I have the Dolphin Nautilus. Just wondering what the best plan of attack will be to clean it the rest of the way. Thanks in advance and God bless!
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Use Robot During Spring Cleanup?

If the water is above 50 degrees you can use the robot. However you will likely need to take it out, clean the debris out of the robot, and put it back in at least once before it finishes it's standard cycle.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Longview, Texas

you should be fine as long as you dont have lots of leaves.....
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Will it be too much for for the robot?
    Impossible to answer not knowing exactly how much debris you have. If you have doubts, then you will likely be asking too much of the robot. Better to remove what you can manually and then let the robot finish.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School