Quick question about the grill used for your ODK

Mar 26, 2015
Savannah, TX
I am going to doing an ODK this year and I was planning using my current Weber grill. Has anyone used an existing outdoor grill and just taken it apart then installed it in their ODK? Also, where should the propane tank be? In my current grill it sits underneath the grill, can I do that with a ODK?

Thanks.

There are several styles of grills you can use in an ODK build. For me, I went with a Weber Summit S660 (natural gas). It's just a normal rolling grill. I had a niche built in the counter/cabinet to fit it. It's still on wheels and I can roll it out if I need to get in behind it to clean or anything. It also came with spacer panels so you can make it look more built-in. The only thing I would say to watch out for is code issues related to venting. If you turn a grill into a "built-in", you may need to have vent panels installed in the base to make sure you don't ever end up with a gas build up under the cabinet. If you go to the link in my signature for my ODK build, you can see the grill near the end of page 1. There is a base panel that came with the grill that I need to install to cover the wheels which is obvious in the photos.

Good luck.
plat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.